United Parcel service sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Master Chief

Reaction score
A good freind of mine was waiting for his new Farallon scooter to be deliverd by UPS. Have a look at what they managed to do to it, I guess those union guys just can't be a little gentle once in a while. Warning if you have to ship something expensive and large go FedEx.

Master Chief

photo attached

Don't use USPS either - I just received two money orders today (25 Oct) postmarked 5 Oct and 7 Oct respectively - I had to get people to cancel and resend them, then the old ones turn up almost 3 weeks later.

3 weeks to deliver a letter!?!

Hope your buddy had insurance.

USPS, even though I love 'em for sponsoring Lance and the Postal squad, their service sucks. UPS isn't any better obviously. It makes companies like FedEx and especially DHL look all the better. I'm dumbfounded everytime DHL manages to get stuff to me from Spain in 3-4 days.

mike

by the way, I sent something through USPS priority (3 day) over a week ago, still hasn't gotten there. $4.50 for a letter. Amazing.

I hope that was a picture of the scooter uncrated. If it was shipped like that just wrapped in plastic then I surprised it got there in as good as shape as it did.

Marc :jester:

Thats truly gotta suck.I havent had a whole lot of good luck with ups neither.They tend to lose my packages.Its happened about 3 times in the last month.So it takes an extra week to get here.It amazes me how fast simply scuba and dive inn get the packages here.

My wife sells antiques on eBay, and has used all the shipping companies. They all break stuff. We use UPS because they break the least amount, and they settle claims the quickest with no hassle. USPS is the worst on both counts.

Hope you were insured for the full amount.

FLL Diver..you are absolutely right...that thing should have been in a crate. I used to work for a coureir company and that is nothing compared to what normally happens. The company probably wanted to save cost but omitting the weight of the crate. A package marke "fragile" means "kick me to the loading dock". But you can't always blame the courier company...most people thank that the company really "cares" about their freight and pack it accordingly. If you want it to get there in 1 piece, pack it like you are going to drop it off a 4 story building.
Randy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom