I am going to Leisure Pro..does anyone want anything??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeorgeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey and Ft. Lauderdale, FL
# of dives
500 - 999
Over the next few weeks I am going to make a trip to Leisure Pro. I plan to purchase a few things but also looking to verify if some of the things said about LP are true. For example, do they remove the serial numbers from the regulators?

I have never purchased from them in the past but am tired of forking over tons of money to my LDS while he acts like he is doing me a favor.

Does anyone have suggestions on things to confirm or myths to debunk?

I run a local shop and I am getting started on net sales as well. I have been to leisure pro myself, interesting operation to see.

Brent

I've never heard of LP removing serial numbers from Regs? It could well be an interesting visit. Want a question to ask? "Do you sell used equipment - if so, is it marked used?" :wink:

DandyDon:
I've never heard of LP removing serial numbers from Regs? It could well be an interesting visit. Want a question to ask? "Do you sell used equipment - if so, is it marked used?" :wink:

It is interesting that LP has a blank page for used equipment. I will ask this and ask them to define "used"

You could ask them how long some of their products with batteries have been on the shelf. How long will the battery in this dive computer last compared to one from a local dive shop or fresh from the factory. How long have your products been in storage. Also can you get this newly released item, whatever item that just hit the market, for me. Why do you not have the newest releases like most of the shops I have been to.

This isn't an anti leisurepro post...Just playing devils advocate and coming up with some hard questions if you are looking for some.

I know their answer and the real answer. .

GeorgeC:
For example, do they remove the serial numbers from the regulators?

No.

GeorgeC:
It is interesting that LP has a blank page for used equipment. I will ask this and ask them to define "used"
Well they wouldn't put used gear in their catalog, not as such anyway. A rumor suggests that they have been known to sell used without stating it as such. I have no confirmation, but since you open the thread for open discussion, I suggested...

I don't mess with them other than to check prices. Got ScubaToys on speed dial.

hunter991:
You could ask them how long some of their products with batteries have been on the shelf. How long will the battery in this dive computer last compared to one from a local dive shop or fresh from the factory. How long have your products been in storage. Also can you get this newly released item, whatever item that just hit the market, for me. Why do you not have the newest releases like most of the shops I have been to.

This isn't an anti leisurepro post...Just playing devils advocate and coming up with some hard questions if you are looking for some.

I know their answer and the real answer. .

I am looking for hard questions and thank you for the reply Hunter.

I would assume with all of the business they do that they should have a high turn over rate on the computers and of course batteries.

I have done business with them and everything was great. I would not go out of my way to ask hard questions. Get the gear you want and check it out before you use it. Chances are you will be pleasantly surprised.

They are a good shop. Are you some sort of journalist? Just let sleeping dogs lie... No use poking your nose into the fire. You will only get burned!

If you want an easy question you could always ask for a discount. I did....I don't think they will discount no matter what your reason....

They are nice people and it is a cool operation though. Not the normal dive shop feeling but an interesting business.

Brent

Back
Top Bottom