OW Cert for 2 on Craig's List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDavil

Contributor
Reaction score
If you or someone you know are looking to get certified in the next month or so, you may want to check out this:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/spo/240799129.html

Disclaimer(s): No affiliation w/ the seller, just happened to be surfing Craig's List. I don't remember what OW cert costs, so this may not be a great deal, I dunno. I have no idea what the quality of SC's instruction is - I would guess it would depend a lot on the instructor.

David

It says it includes PADI OW C-cards, so it at least implies OW dives included...I agree though that even the pool work for that price is a great bargain

I see where you can get that but here in Arizona checkout dives usually are seperate and charged accordingly to where you want to go to get checked out at, Southern California, Mexico or the local lake (or exotic location). I took it to mean ($19.99) for the actual card fee for PADI. Then again I'm not familiar with Sport Chalet's procedures.

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
I see where you can get that but here in Arizona checkout dives usually are seperate and charged accordingly to where you want to go to get checked out at, Southern California, Mexico or the local lake (or exotic location). I took it to mean ($19.99) for the actual card fee for PADI. Then again I'm not familiar with Sport Chalet's procedures.

-Garrett

I agree with Garrett on this. Although I am not familiar with Sport Chalet, the shops in Arizona have seperate costs for OW dives. The cost of the c-card is generally advertised as part of the class price, but the dives are seperate. I just recently put together a brief study of 13 dive shops in Phoenix area to compare and contrast the differences in the basic classes(prices, what's inlcuded?, etc.) and none included the trip cost in class prices.

Yeah I know, I have to much time on my hands:wacko:

Rob

Sport Chalet does their cert dives at Lake Pleasant. They don't charge a huge trip fee. Unless there's some fine print I missed, I believe their OW course is about the same cost as the one I offer. The difference is I limit my courses to 4 students and they don't. This is a great deal, but from what I hear their courses are very quick and basic. Before going independent, I talked to the Happy Valley manager quite a bit. I was considering teaching for them since Sport Chalet is planning a Tucson store. I decided against it due to the way they conduct their courses.

Still a great deal, though. But that expiration date doesn't allow for a lot of planning.

Back
Top Bottom