what is your LDC and why (phoenix az)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver1302001

Contributor
Reaction score
this is a place to talk about your LDC plece no bashing of the dive clubs

i go to 2 LDC in phoenix one is diver daves dive club and one is scuba sciences inc i use to go to OP club but it is to far for me to get to i like diver daves it is a small club and i use to work at daves shop os i got to know the members of the club
i am working on a divecon c-card at SSI and will be working thare so as part of the traning that i am doing i have to go to the club meeting and that is ok with me i will meet more divers at SSI

plece send me a list of dive clubs and i will and a pole to the thread

KazInAz:
Yep, I'd agree...LDC = Local Dive Club.
Thank god...the other topic has been beat to death.

:deadhorse:

The only ones I can think of that haven't been mentioned:

El Mar holds a Scuba Social the 2nd Sunday of every month at the Mesa Monastery(it's a bar) Not sure if it's a "club" though.

Tres Aquas does local events - they did the last Earth Day cleanup - but I'm not sure if they have a club.

R-Team - Raytheon Tucson

There's another long-time club in Tucson but I can't remember the name.

Stephen Ash:
That is already being dicussed in Garrett's thread...
That stopped being MY thread long ago...

I don't belong or participate in any LDC's. The shop affiliated one's seem to be nothing more than live commercials & sales pitches. The other local clubs seem to be nothing more than a place to get your drink on...and I don't drink. How bout an LCD that gets together to dive? or has non-profit trips, were group rates are passed on to the divers? :hmmm:

The closest thing I contribute to is Scubaboard, been to a few diving get togethers in Socal (beach and boats). Have looked into Dive Animals in SD, cuz they have their own boats and I'm in the area often. I'm not interested in meetings, just diving.

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
How bout an LCD that gets together to dive? or has non-profit trips, were group rates are passed on to the divers? :hmmm:

That's what Jen & I have been trying to do with our monthly lake dives. Sure, we're teaching most months, but you don't have to pay us to come out and dive and we don't try to sell you certs. If you're interested - great. If not - that's fine, too. We just want to dive! We organized the Dam Dive last month. We collected the money and paid Doug. We didn't charge more than his fee and we didn't dive for free either. We paid just like everyone else. We've also organized and guided dives to Lakes Mohave and Mead. We'll recommend hotels, but you book them. We're also planning on doing the same thing in '07 to San Carlos and San Diego. Like I said, yes we do teach, and yes we may drum up some business this way. But the reason we do it is because we love to dive. Anyone who knows us knows we don't throw a sales pitch around. :D

So, Garrett, where do you want to go? We'll look into organizing it. :)

Back
Top Bottom