Bye JB, be safe!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Once again JB is headed to Iraq, trip five? I think. Make us proud Marine and come back safe. Thanks for your service!:usa:

Have a safe trip, You and your Marines are in our prayers!

will this ever end?

This is an site assessment trip for anyone curious. In March he is in charge of convoy security in Ramadi/ Fallujah and the lives of 180 very young Marines for seven months.

I would be really angry that he has to go back, but I know in my heart that their lives are safer with him in charge. Five times, he is getting familiar with the issues you might say. Still, I am kinda pissed, I can't lie. I am careful who I am around right now, for fear of mouthing off.

Let's just say the FBI is looking very good, to me.

jhbryaniv
and YOU in ours!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Council extends Iraq mandate Tue Nov 28, 3:30 PM ET

UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously Tuesday to extend the mandate of the 160,000-member multinational force in Iraq.

ADVERTISEMENT

The council acted quickly in response to a request from Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki who said a top government priority is to assume full responsibility for security and stability in the country but it needs more time.

The resolution, drafted by the United States, extends the mandate of the multinational force for one year starting on Dec. 31 and authorizes a review at the request of the Iraqi government or by June 15.

The resolution contains the same provision as past resolutions -- a commitment that the council "will terminate this mandate earlier if requested by the government of Iraq."

Al-Maliki's request for the one-year extension with a termination clause came as the Bush administration stepped up diplomatic efforts to stabilize the country.

Email Story IM Story Discuss Printable View RECOMMEND THIS STORY

Be careful and God speed, Jim... :116:

chepar:
I thought he was going in March?

Did it get moved up?
He gets to go then too....

and you go soon....thanks for helping, BTW.

I forget to tell you.

I know you could just hang out here on your sailboat with your new bride....

some people have a calling I guess.

okay....

WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP GOING BACK?

Sending my thoughts and prayers.. Ive been thru the routine too many times... Catherine.. Im here, if you need to vent. :) God speed... will be thinking about you both!

catherine96821:
WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP GOING BACK?

I hear the food is terrific :D

Back
Top Bottom