Need help with newly purchased Veo-180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

susan6868

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi-
I was hoping you could offer me with some assistance with my new Veo 180 console computer purchased from Scuba.com a few weeks ago. I think I will LOVE the computer based on what I've heard and the reviews I've read. However, I know I don't love the manual, or at least my ability to decipher it! Can you please help me to find a resource to better understand the displays and functions of my new computer. I've really tried on my own but I'm not confident at all, and referring to the enclosed manual hasn't helped.

I've posted in the Computer Forum as follows:
Hi- just got back fro my first dive trip using my own computer which I recently purchased. Both my husband and I got Oceanic Veo 180nx consoles, and thought since we are moderately educated, we would read the manual on the trip to Cayman and be ready to use the computer responsibly by the time we took our first giant stride.
So wrong! Read the manual, and both thought it was really confusing!
Now, it's probably us, but we both used our computers, and combed over the manual again each day at the end of our dives. We still can't fully understand what all the figures are on all the screens in both surface and diving modes.
We need to find a resource that will "walk us through" the different displays and features other than the Oceanic Manual.
Is there a tutorial, or a website, that is sort of a "Veo 180 for Dummies"?
It's so disappointing getting a new toy, investing the time to read the manual cover to cover 10 or 12 times, and still not feel confident about what you're looking at on your computer.
PS- we will never use the download feature of the product, we simply want to use it to dive safely and rad the vital information about our dives.
If anyone has a resource I've missed, could you please share? I've been googling Veo and tutorial and every combinatin I can think of an come up dry. Even on the manufacturer's forum, I put in veo 180 and come up dry.
Hopefully, I'll get the hang of this before our next dive trip and we can truly enjoy using our computers.
Thanks for your help, I think I'll post for the Oceanic rep in his forum simultneously.
Happy diving!
Susan
So here is my post in simulcast, hoping by going right to the experts, I'll be able to get the information I need.

PS- I also had occasion to test out my new Isla BC, and GT3 regulator, and LOVE them!
You guys make awesome products. I'm sure the computer is awesome as well. Can;t wait to hear from you- thanks!

You should have gotten a little laminated card with your veo that is basically a quick start guide. I leaned more from that than from the manual. The manual really does not make sense unless you already know how to use the basic functions. Go figure. Once you learn the basics THEN you can go into the manual and start to figure it out.

Hi Jim- I've got two veo's and two laminated cards- can't make heads or tails of them!
Can we go to "Plan B"? I'd really like to understand what I'm doing here.
(I did go over the laminated card a few times, but to no avail.............)

Hi Susan,

You have perfect timing. We have just introduced a new program called Dive Computers 101. The program is designed as an beginner's primer to basic dive computer function, displays and operation. It currently features the Veo 100 Nx - your Veo 180 has a few more features, but this will definitely help get you started.

We have uploaded it to the web site at: http://www.oceanicww.com/p_computers.html

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or our technical support team.

Doug

Doug- just in the nick of time! This thing is a lifesaver. I immediately understood it and will enjoy my computer so much more now! I will pass this tool along to my friends- it seems I was not the only one who was not "getting it" with the manual alone. Again, many thanks- I'm thrilled!
Have a great holiday season.
PS- I guess I'll have to book another dive trip right away ( ha ha)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom