My first set of scuba gear, excitement.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alam555

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So I got my christmas gift early, am heading out to Krabi and Phi Phi for my dive vacation in a couple of weeks and my wife went and got me all the gear for LP.

Mares Morphous Pro airtrim
Mares MR12 Rebel Octopus
Mares V16 Proton XL Regulator
Suunto Cobra

I already have Mares Volo fins and masks. I also already have the Aladin Smart Pro.

So now I need help. I know I know. I should have gone to my LDS. Tell it to my wife, though I can't say I blame her, saved over 600 dollars. But I would love to share in some of those savings with the LDS where I got certified and where I do buy stuff from time to time.

My questions:
1. Can I get my LDS to service the equipment even though I didn't buy it from them?
2. Will the LDS be open to brief tutorials for care and maintenance of the equipment before I take out on the road so to speak.
3. I am planning on continuing to use my Aladin as the primary computer and use the Suunto in guage mode. Any issues with that?
4. Should I check in the equipment or carry it onboard?

thank you

congratz on your purchase! getting gear is a real good feeling

Mares is a solid manufacturer, you won't have any problems. the Cobra is a nice computer.

alam555:
My questions:
1. Can I get my LDS to service the equipment even though I didn't buy it from them?

yes, so long as they are a Mares or Suunto dealer (they likely are)

2. Will the LDS be open to brief tutorials for care and maintenance of the equipment before I take out on the road so to speak.

hmmm... thread carefuly here. most local dive shops (LDS's) are sensitive to people buying stuff other places (i.e. online) and then asking for one-on-one relationships with the LDS regarding that equipment.

that said, just ask the questions on this site, and you'll get a ton of help on caring for any part of your gear.

3. I am planning on continuing to use my Aladin as the primary computer and use the Suunto in guage mode. Any issues with that?

that sounds good ... i've never used either, so i'll pass on any other comments

4. Should I check in the equipment or carry it onboard?

i carry on my computer and put everything else in a hard case i bought for that purpose

Copngrats on your equipment purchase! Having your own gear goes a long way to comfort level in the long run. I didnn't see in your thread where you got the equipment from. Sounds as though it was an intern deal. A lot will depend on your relationship with the LDS as to how you are treated. No matter, you can expect a lecture on the evils of buying over the intern. In the long run if they care about their customers, they will take care of you. Be sure to have it checked out and take it for a test run in to a pool before using it on your trip!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom