Data Plus battery hatch O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey

Old, not bold diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the O ring for the Data Plus (P/N 2.023) a "standard" size? If so, what's the size and durometer?

Roak

Yes, I believe the Data Plus uses a standard size O ring size "023" as you can see from the part number. I just double checked it with an O ring sizing chart. As for the Durometer, maybe Doug can help you with that.

Hi was looking through our stock and the Oceanic battery kit comes with the o-ring, battery, three replacement screws and a small packet of silicone. It is item number 04.6175.60 snd runs $19.50 USD. Hope this helps. If you have any problems getting a kit, let me know.

Yes, I believe the Data Plus uses a standard size O ring size "023" as you can see from the part number. I just double checked it with an O ring sizing chart. As for the Durometer, maybe Doug can help you with that.

What O-ring is used in the sender for the Data Plus, do you know?

Looks like a typical 1/2AA 3.6V in the computer with a 023 O-ring to close it up.

Last edited:
A lot of the Data series used the same 3.6v lithium used as a backup in many Mac computers, and available for $4-7,

I'm having a hard time paying 20 bucks for a 6 dollar battery and o-ring..

The Data Plus uses two 2032 3 volt lithium batteries. The o-ring is a 2-023. I use duro 70 but it should not be too sensetive to hardness. Make sure to lub the o-ring lightly; make sure the o-ring, threads, and seating surfaces are clean; stretch the o-ring a bit to install over the threads to avoid damage.

The Data Plus uses two 2032 3 volt lithium batteries. The o-ring is a 2-023. I use duro 70 but it should not be too sensetive to hardness. Make sure to lub the o-ring lightly; make sure the o-ring, threads, and seating surfaces are clean; stretch the o-ring a bit to install over the threads to avoid damage.

a 023 oring is too big for these plugs.

The ID for a 023 is 1.051±.010 where the display plug measures .642

I'm thinking it's more of a 016 ring which is .614±.009 ID
The plugs are slightly different sizes but I'm pretty sure a 016 will fit both.

Yes, they are 1/2AA 3V batteries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom