IST wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lantern

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am in the process of buying a wetsuit in SE Asia and have come across IST equip at a considerably better price than all others such are BARE and ScubaPro. Does anyone have experience of IST or will it work out more expensive in the long run? They are selling 3mm full suits for $87 compared to about $160 for the others. I think the gear is manufactured in Taiwan which may greatly influence the price in this part of the world.

I've had several pieces of IST gear incl. their wetsuits. Relatively no frills and not super duper quality (eg. finishing) but haven't had any major issues. Solid performer and for the price, IST cannot be beat. *Plus* their customer service has been outstanding including a completely replacement BCD overnighted when there was a problem unit.

So even if you replace it slightly sooner than the "name brand", I think it's a better deal. Hmmm... let's see I own the following IST wetsuits... 3mm full, 3mm shorty, 5mm full, 1mm dive skin and 2mm sleeveless shorty... plus assort gloves and boots... LOL So I might be biased here. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom