Feb 3rd...NorCal get together at Pt Lobos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalAngel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
<< At SoCalAngel's request, the date has been changed to February 3rd - Snowbear>>

ok, peeps! been too long since I've seen most of ya'll. Get reservations for Pt. Lobos for Jan 6th. Let's see how many SBers we can get in...

Dining and drinking afterwards.... <giggling girlishly>

Sounds like a plan, I'll try and make it.

Laural? Another date maybe?

dlndavid:
Laural? Another date maybe?

Pooey...I guess we need to look at February... I can come up just about any weekend in Feb.

In the meantime, how about Sb dives in Monterey or carmel on Jan 7th, instead?

February might be a good month for a NorCal SB dive. I was thinking about proposing one myself. Maybe we could take over one of the charter boats? Say the 3rd or the 10th?

renpirate:
February might be a good month for a NorCal SB dive. I was thinking about proposing one myself. Maybe we could take over one of the charter boats? Say the 3rd or the 10th?

Only if we could get a charter to go to Lobos rocks...I so have got to dive there...or anywhere at Garrapata...

SoCalAngel:
Only if we could get a charter to go to Lobos rocks...I so have got to dive there...or anywhere at Garrapata...
The distance to Lobos Rocks isn't
the issue, it's only about 4 nm further than say Butterfly House. But it's 100% exposed.
The number of days a charter can get to Lobos Rocks and dive it is somewhat limited, esp. in the
winter. And they've got to have the right divers on board -- it's definitely a double
black diamond site.

I do believe the Cypress Seas does just that. If we got enough people, we could probably have them go where we want.

The 3rd would be best, since my club will probably get a vaction rental for the weekend and that weekend has the best availability.

Chuck Tribolet:
The distance to Lobos Rocks isn't
the issue, it's only about 4 nm further than say Butterfly House. But it's 100% exposed.
The number of days a charter can get to Lobos Rocks and dive it is somewhat limited, esp. in the
winter. And they've got to have the right divers on board -- it's definitely a double
black diamond site.

Oh pleeeaassee...maybe as a shore dive it's a double black diamond...but off a boat???? give me a friggin break! Most of you Nor CAl divers are pretty freakin hard core and can handle yourselves...if not, don't friggin sign up for the darn boat. K, pumpkin?

Back
Top Bottom