Hello, New Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Nor Cal Divers,

I'm new here on ScubaBoard, and while I'm *supposed* to post this over in the Introductions & Greets section, I felt it might get lost there....

The main reason I'm posting is because I'm looking for some new dive buddies. Need to expand the roster... my best friend and shore-diving buddy just moved to Ventura, drastically reducing availability :( .

I've been diving in Monterey/Carmel Bays for nearly 11 years, am a certified divemaster (but don't work as one anymore), and am a generally experienced, comfortable diver. I like to shore dive sites such as Monastery (but not on "sporty" days, thank you), Point Lobos, Butterfly House (see note re: Monastery), and the assortment in Monterey. Not a big Breakwater fan, but I can have fun almost anywhere :crafty: . I use a drysuit, single tank, recently added (and much loved!) backplate/wing, and long fins (as in, freediving.) My fins are not intended to embarrass my dive buddy, I just truly love using them.

I have some friends that I boat dive with, but I am certainly interested in meeting other boaters as well as shore divers. Also wouldn't mind meeting up for a charter boat dive.

Contact me if interested, etc.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer and welcome to :sblogo:

plenty of dive get togethers are planned here on SB, there is one going on now for Point Lobos.

Welcome to the Board! There are a lot of divers in your area who I am sure would be happy to dive with you. If you ever want to make it up North, we would be happy to dive with you as well.

Thanks for the nice compliment, Chuck, and thanks everyone else for the suggestions and offers! I truly appreciate it.
-Jennifer

Hey there, and welcome to the board! Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with while your learning your way around! :)

Hey Jenn! Welcome to SB! If your ever this way, toss me a line and we'll hit the water for a dive or two.

-----

Mike.

Welcome to Scubaboard. It is good to have you with us. You will be amazed at the number of divers in your area the are on this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom