Quick dive report: Pt Lobos 12/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hank harris

Reaction score
Noticed lots of posts, so just an fyi...

Went in with the high tide this morn (10ish); we were hoping to be able to cut across to Bluefish, but the breaking surf off Cannery Point ended that idea), so we surface swam a bit, dropped down and went to the end of the wall at depth (max of maybe 80'), then returned along the wall at 50' and eventually came up back in the cove near the boatramp. Dive time of around an hour/ten.

Conditions: Clear blue sky and sunshine from dawn (not too common here), a small swell above and a little surge below, outstanding vis (people calculate vis differently, so I'll just say the surface was clearly visible from our max depth; unusually clear for here). Some (hopefully) nice pics of kelp and sunrays, a huge cabazon, some big ling cods, a sheepshead, various still lifes, but no pic of a decent size leopard shark that buzzed over my head at a high rate of speed.

All in all, a great day to be in the water, and friends tell me they have enjoyed similar days this past week. We try to get out once a week to Lobos, and this was as nice as I've seen it in a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom