CAIRO Nearest divesite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maLUCo

Reaction score
egypt.gif
Dear friends, I will be transfered to Egypt ( Cairo ) for my work . All of you welcome to advise a good dive site near Cairo . The plan is to go by car in the W.E.
maLUCo

I think your just in for some looong rides:rofl3:
Hurghada is 6-7 hrs away (some 600 km):D
Don it once great fun but once was enough.Some closer places might be el gouna
and maybe some at suez not sure about the last one.
I knpw there are some dive clubs in Cairo so try to contact them :popcorn:when you speak any arabic:D

Hello i am living/working in Cairo and am also a divemaster unfortunatly the best diving is in Sinai which means you are looking at a 6-7hr car/bus ride. PM me if you want and i will give you my cell # you are welcome to hitch a ride when i go diving. I usually dive in Dahab as it is way more laid back then Sharm el Sheikh. However you can't beat boat diving in Sharm.

No diving in Suez (outbound area).
Hurghada is 450 KM from Cairo if hitting the new Ein Sokhna road. El Gouna is 440 KM though. These two don't offer the best diving in the Red Sea.

Our community organizes regular trips all over the Red Sea. You're welcome to join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RedSeaShadow

Back
Top Bottom