XR 2002 High Performance Regulator - Bargain Price! - Only $219.00 - FREE Shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis

Reaction score
ScubaMax XR2002 Diver Adjustable Regulator - $219.00 - FREE Shipping to All 50 States!

There is been some degree of discussion on the resale of "rebranded" regulators recently on several of the scuba boards. I thought I would make an offer on just such a regulator and give everyone the opportunity to experience a great savings and get a very high-performance regulator at the same time.

ScubaMax has released their new XR2002 regulator, which is a set based on a VERY popular rebranded regulator made by Ocean Diver Tiawan, one of the major regulator manufacturers in the world. This first and second stage is found on many popular regulators offered by a number of companies, including some of the more well known technical diving companies. The first stage on this set is the "flat head" design, with nearly flat hose routing. It is environmentally sealed and parts kits are available for sale by Dive Sports Online. The second stage is a very popular second stage with venturi assist and diver-adjustable opening effort. This regulator offers very high performance, reliable service, at a price that is almost too low to believe.

ScubaMax XR2002 Diver Adjustable Regulator - $219.00 - FREE Shipping to All 50 States!

Bonus Disount! Put your ScubaBoard screen name in the Additional Comments box at checkout and we will take another 10% off of the purchase price at the time of checkout. This discount will not reflect on your electronic order. We will deduct it at checkout.

We put this regulator on our test bench and measured the initial opening effort and the continuing effort required to keep various air flows through the second stage. The second stage diver-adjustment knob was set at one full turn from the easiest position. In this position, it required 1.1 inches of water effort to maintain a full flow. Throughout the entire air flow range, continuing breathing effort never exceeded 2.1 inches of water pressure. This is comparable to any of the major brand regulators we have tested. Best of all, the air box design seems to be "pure", meaning that with the venturi control set on full negative, there was never a "cross-over" as air flow increased (last paragraph describes cross-over). In the positive venturi position, the venturi assist was smooth and did not provide "blasts" of air.

We think that this regulator is a nice one. At this price, you can get performance, reliability, and economy in the same purchase. Visit our link above and take a look!

Create a Complete Regulator Set! At the time of checkout, you have the option of adding a fully diver adjustable backup (octopus) regulator, brass and glass compact console, and an inflator hose! When you add all three, we throw in a GatorPac regulator bag!

Thanks for your business.

Phil Ellis

More About Cross-Over in a Regulators Flow Profile: Every regulator has a "flow profile". This is basically a measure of the effort required to keep a regulator flowing a defined amount of air. The flow profile of a regulator is described as the degree of water effort required to maintain a certain flow. We measure a regulators effort at opening and at various flow in cubic feet per minute at 2.5, 5.0. 7.5, 10, up to about 25 cubic feet per minute. Cross over when measuring regulator performance is a situation where a regulator that breaths negative (without venturi assist) at low air flows, automatically begins to breath positive (with venturi assist) at some higher air flow rate. This is often an intentional design characteristic to make the regulator seem to breath easier at the high flow stages to overcome the normal heavy breathing effort required at such flows. More often, cross-over is an untentional performance characteristic of a poorly designed air box. Cross-over is not always bad. It is just uncontrollable by the diver or the technician. It is purely a result of air box design. It is particularily bad in a regulator with a venturi assist lever (or dive/pre-dive switch), because this switch is designed to put this feature in the divers control. When a regulator with a venturi assist lever has a cross-over in the neutral or negative position, you loose control over the very feature the lever was designed to control. When a regulator has no cross-over, we call that a "pure" flow design.

Just wondering diver feedback on this regulator. I"m considering this reg. as it seems very similar to the Oxycheq, Diverite, and a few other named brands...

Also, does it come in DIN ?

Thanks

I am not sure about Diverite, but it looks the same as Oxycheq and Salvo. People have been looking for reviews on the Oxycheq but so far they have been few and far between. There are more reviews on the Salvo which people say is excellent. The Oxycheq at Golem Gear is cheaper, but I think Phil gives 10% off for Scubaboard members so out the door it should be the same. I would think this regulator is in the same class as the Apex ATX 50 or a G250/mk17 at half the Leisure Pro price.

I have an air-integrated computer (Oceanic VT3) and I was wondering if the transmitter would fit the 1st stage properly. From the pics it looks like the high-pressure port is angled down and maybe the transmitter could hang up on some of corners left from the machining. Any idea?

dcdev:
I have an air-integrated computer (Oceanic VT3) and I was wondering if the transmitter would fit the 1st stage properly. From the pics it looks like the high-pressure port is angled down and maybe the transmitter could hang up on some of corners left from the machining. Any idea?

We have installed Oceanic transmitters on them with no problem. On the issue of feedback, we have several local divers diving this regulator and all of them say it is simply a great performer. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Back
Top Bottom