Hi everyone from cold Indiana! [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Hi everyone from cold Indiana!

Sponsored Link

jeepchick
December 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to diving, just finished my OW class a few weeks ago, have not done the checkout dives yet (it's 8 degrees here today). I hope to go to Florida in January to do checkout dives and possibly AOW too at the same time. My goal is to become an instructor, at the least a DM. I fell in love with diving the first time in the pool, have now purchased my own equipment and am looking for opportunities to dive around here and in other places. I'm a stay home mom of 3 kids, have worked in the medical field and was a firefighter/EMT for 8 years. We love adventure, running races, snow skiing, travel so diving is great for me! I can get away any time to dive so would love to meet others in my area to dive with. I would love to dive with experienced people as I think that's the best way to learn! Look forward to hearing from other divers as I will take any advice I can get!

Diving Doc
December 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
8 degrees!!!! luxury. Thats the water temp here at the mo!!!!

welcome to the board and good luck with the instructor plan. Anything i can do...just pm me!!

Most important peice of advice i can give u is this....don't get hung up doing course after course, make sure you get lots of fun in too and make sure that you buy equipment thats gonna last and support you for strenuous diving as an instructor.!

eckybay
December 8th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Welcome to the board from the state next door!

I'm betting jeepchick means it's 8 degrees Fahrenheit, not Celsius
(8 degree Fahrenheit = -13.3333333 degree Celsius)

Diving Doc
December 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I'm betting jeepchick means it's 8 degrees Fahrenheit, not Celsius
(8 degree Fahrenheit = -13.3333333 degree Celsius)

ouch....in that case you win!!! oh the humanity!!!!:shakehead

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Welcome to :sblogo:!!

We need a few more Hoosiers!! :D

And yes it's been freakin' freezin' this week!!!!!!

Diving Doc
December 8th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Welcome to :sblogo:!!

We need a few more Hoosiers!! :D

And yes it's been freakin' freezin' this week!!!!!!

whats a hoosier...forgive a poor ol englishmans ignorance

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 01:01 PM
whats a hoosier...forgive a poor ol englishmans ignorance

A Hoosier is a resident or native of the U.S. state of Indiana

Diving Doc
December 8th, 2006, 01:08 PM
ok....thanks for that but why?

drbill
December 8th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Brrrrr... I still remember the winter it hit 81 below (with the wind chill) in Chicago where I "grew up." I've stayed on Catalina for 37 years because of weather like that... and the great diving. It's a good thing there are brave folks like you (and my sister) that seem to "weather" it and prevent even greater over-crowding here and in Florida.

Hope you get those cert dives in and continue to enjoy the sport!

eckybay
December 8th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I'm no expert on Hoosiers either, being from Ohio, but Wikipedia has a few explanations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoosier

Steve_Dives
December 8th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Welcome! Maybe we'll see you over at Gilboa?

Oh yeah, and take me with you to Florida!!!! Pah-leeeease! I had 11F here this morning. My "buddy" in Miami informed me it was 64F there.

Midnight Star
December 8th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Welcome to SB! I've heard there's a nice quarry in IN, and plan on hitting that this upcoming year. I might see you there.

-----

Mike.

indydivegal
December 8th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Welcome! A another OW Hoosier - Yippee!!!!!! I am not far from Greenfield, if you need a dive buddy let me know. I too have completed the class, and am awaiting the weather to break to do the dives.

jeepchick
December 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Hey! Thanks for all the replies! I did get some good gear I think. I got an XCel wetsuit, a Seaquest Diva bc and Aqualung Legend XL regs. Hopefully it will last me a long time! Can anyone tell me what the best way is to meet people to dive with? I have a lot of free time to go diving so it would be nice to have a variety of people to do it with. I have read on this website that we don't really have a "good" dive club in the area, so..... any suggestions?

__________________________________________________ ____
"Life, is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving."

eckybay
December 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Can anyone tell me what the best way is to meet people to dive with? I have a lot of free time to go diving so it would be nice to have a variety of people to do it with. I have read on this website that we don't really have a "good" dive club in the area, so..... any suggestions?

You've already found the best way!! Post here, probably under the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew Sub-forum http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188 when and where you want to go, and more than likely you'll find plenty of willing buddies.

Dive1Dennis
December 8th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Welcome Jeepchick. It's cold here too, I had 6 F. this morning.
Your screen name caught my attention, I have an 80 CJ5 that I did a full frame-off restoration to a few years ago!

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'll dive with you locally anytime....or should I say anytime after it gets warm!!! :D

JeffG
December 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I'll dive with you locally anytime....or should I say anytime after it gets warm!!! :D
Either that or you two could go out and do some cow tipping.

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Either that or you two could go out and do some cow tipping.

:shakehead....

and here I thought we were friends...

indydivegal
December 8th, 2006, 02:36 PM
LOL Cow Tipping - now that brings back memories LOL!!!!

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 02:40 PM
LOL Cow Tipping - now that brings back memories LOL!!!!

Do you know anyone that has ever actually done it???

indydivegal
December 8th, 2006, 02:42 PM
LOL I heard tell of a few people locally, but have never tried it personally. LOL The stories told left everyone practically in tears laughing so hard from the attempts made.

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
LOL I heard tell of a few people locally, but have never tried it personally. LOL The stories told left everyone practically in tears laughing so hard from the attempts made.

I've never known anyone that has even tried...I always thought it was joke. Maybe we just don't have that many cows down here in the south.

indydivegal
December 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Oh I think the funniest stories are when the bulls got wind of intruders near the cows and started charging them out of the pastures. LOL Now that was some hilarious stuff! LOL

ScubaTexan
December 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
http://www.headcasebriefs.com/No%20Cow%20Tipping-tm.jpg

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Are we done hijacking this poor girls thread yet??

indydivegal
December 8th, 2006, 02:57 PM
That is Hilarious!!!!! Way to go ScubaTexan!!! LMAO!!!!

SCUBAJENNIFER
December 8th, 2006, 02:57 PM
That is Hilarious!!!!! Way to go ScubaTexan!!! LMAO!!!!

Don't encourage him...:D

ScubaTexan
December 8th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Don't encourage him...:D

I didn't start it -- that would be Jeff "Mr. Indiana Tourism Board" :D

BTW -- Welcome to Scubaboard, jeepchick! :wavey:

TripletDad
December 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome Jeepchick! Great Lakes Wrecking Crew is planing a new years dive at Gilboa
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=168993
Love to see you there! You too Indy and Jen!

The good news is I saw the long range forcast this AM and there is talk that we may not have a white Christmas so it should be quite balmy to go diving! I may even go out Christmas day afternoon!

jeepchick
December 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Welcome Jeepchick. It's cold here too, I had 6 F. this morning.
Your screen name caught my attention, I have an 80 CJ5 that I did a full frame-off restoration to a few years ago!

Hey, that's cool, I just got a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door. I'm in the process of getting stuff for it now. Jeep parts and scuba stuff is all that's on the Christmas list this year!

Cow tipping? Seriously! Never done it. I will definitely get in touch with some of you once I am certified. I'd like a wide variety of people to dive with!

rakkis
December 8th, 2006, 06:12 PM
<sigh> another female diver that is married?

hehe jk! welcome to the frigid wonderland that is indiana. see you around in the quarries

crpntr133
December 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Cow tipping, snipe hunting...all classics. The cow tipping is possible especially if you have had a little bit too much to drink.

Keep an eye on the KY Piranha Patrol forum. Or the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum. They will probably be your best bet to meet other divers. For the most part you won't get too many of us to go to Blue Springs due to the doubling of the entry fee and no improvements. However France Park, Natural Springs are doable and not too far for you.
If you ever want to dive just post a thread and hope for the best.

rakkis
December 8th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Have you asked Preston from the east shop about Indy Dive Club? I've only been to a meeting.. but my understanding is that it is an active club.

jeepchick
December 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Have you asked Preston from the east shop about Indy Dive Club? I've only been to a meeting.. but my understanding is that it is an active club.

I've not met Preston, know of him, but not met him. I met some people who are in the dive club, they came to one of our classes to observe, nice people, but most of the stuff I've read on this site doesn't speak too highly of that dive club. I am looking for a way to get my OW cert done and then my AOW done, maybe going on a bus trip in January with my instructors, then I will hope to get into a rescue class which I believe Preston mostly teaches. So.........hopefully between that and this site, I will meet enough people to be actively diving over the summer.

Hank49
December 8th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Welcome. Greenfield? I know Greensburg, Greencastle and Greendale...but never been to Greenfield. (yeah I know, Belize is far from there but I was born and raised in West Harrison IN, yeeeeears ago)

crpntr133
December 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Welcome. Greenfield? I know Greensburg, Greencastle and Greendale...but never been to Greenfield. (yeah I know, Belize is far from there but I was born and raised in West Harrison IN, yeeeeears ago)

Ever heard of Terre Haute? :D

Hank49
December 8th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Ever heard of Terre Haute? :D

I've been there too. My niece just married a guy from there.

DiveTyme
December 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome Jeepchick, from another hoosier!

Jason Ooi
December 8th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Meister481
December 8th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the board. The Dive club is an excellent way to stay diving. There's a dive tomorrow at just add water boats, across Franklin Rd from the East shop. Diving starts at 1 pm, and there will be a bunch of people there to meet and talk to about your aspirations. Preston runs the club and he's here on scubaboard as well.

http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=4081

He's about as active a diver as you will find around indy. I've taken classes from him and he's wonderful as an instructor. He's been teaching a very long time and has a great deal of wisdom to impart on us newbies. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I'm diving tomorrow at another location, so I will miss the festivities. Good luck, I hope to see you at a meeting soon!

Jason

jeepchick
December 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks so much for the info, I have not yet done my checkout dives, so I can't go dive with anyone yet until I do that, so tomorrow is kind of out of the question I think. I wish I could get them out of the way so I could go dive. I would definitely like more info on the dive club though. I will think about contacting Preston through this site and finding out some more info. I was planning a trip to Florida last month and then found out that they were going to charge me $300 just for checkout dives, so I'm kind of at a standstill on things right now until I can get that done!

Meister481
December 9th, 2006, 01:06 AM
You can show up without diving. Surface support is just as much fun, tasty goodies!

Hemlon
December 9th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the board!

Diving Doc
December 9th, 2006, 05:24 AM
forgive my ignorance...again. But is all this "hoosier" and "cow tipping" business and American thing. I getting very confused.

By the way jeepchick, excellent choice of equipment. I rely on my Aqualung regs for deepy stuff, just had to get rid of the bib though, looked like i was wearing a dummy all the time!!

Midnight Star
December 9th, 2006, 10:47 AM
forgive my ignorance...again. But is all this "hoosier" and "cow tipping" business and American thing. I getting very confused.

They call us Kentuckians "Hill Billies" ... I have no idea why. :rofl3:

-----

Mike.

Hank49
December 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM

-----

Mike.

They're just jealous because they can't figure out how to play bluegrass music. :D

jeepchick
December 9th, 2006, 12:21 PM

-----

Mike.

We have "hillbillies" too, they live in Southern Indiana!

Ben Caunt
December 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
welcome. Your cold water training will serve you well. My check out dives in 1990 were done in a lake in Calgary in 1 degree celsius. We had to break ice from the shore to give us enough room to do our dives. Everything after that has been a breeze.
ben
www.theartofbenjamincaunt.com (http://www.theartofbenjamincaunt.com)

ScubaTexan
December 9th, 2006, 01:35 PM

Cow tipping is just American humour, and Hoosier is just a nickname for someone from Indiana. It's like calling someone from Liverpool a "Liverpudllian" or someone from Manchester a "Mancunian." Does that clear it up any for you?

Midnight Star
December 9th, 2006, 02:08 PM
They're just jealous because they can't figure out how to play bluegrass music. :D :D

-----

Mike.

Midnight Star
December 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM
We have "hillbillies" too, they live in Southern Indiana! See ... us "hillbillies" aren't "inbred" after all - we're ... ummmm ..."diversified". :11: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Are ya' gearing up, and getting ready for a summer of diving fun? I can't wait to catch up for some diving either - the winter is going to be toooooo long for me!

-----

Mike.

jeepchick
December 9th, 2006, 06:26 PM
See ... us "hillbillies" aren't "inbred" after all - we're ... ummmm ..."diversified". :11: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Are ya' gearing up, and getting ready for a summer of diving fun? I can't wait to catch up for some diving either - the winter is going to be toooooo long for me!

-----

Mike.

Yeah, I've got most of my equipment bought now, I'm just impatient and would like to try it out soon. I took the class and absolutely loved it, now I'm just ready to finish the cert. and get on with some diving! I hope to go to Florida sometime over the winter and get some diving in then. I don't really want to wait until summer to dive again, but I hate being cold, so.........

Midnight Star
December 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM
When you guys head that way, stop by here and grab me: me and my gear would be more than happy to ride shotgun :D - Now, how do I explain an "unscheduled" trip to the rest of my family ... let me work on that one. :eyebrow:

When I first bought my regs and BC, I went to a local pool here to try them out first. That way I could get accustomed to where everything was located, before I used them in the field. Just remember to bring your weights (mine were integrated) - I forgot mine, so in order to stay submerged I took down one of their navy diving bricks with me. :D

-----

Mike.

Hank49
December 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I've got most of my equipment bought now, I'm just impatient and would like to try it out soon.

And tell the truth...you lay all you new gear out on the living room floor and just.....look at it....put it away...get it out later and do it again.....No shame. We all did it. :D

jeepchick
December 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I hope to get into a pool before I go anywhere. I will have to ask at the LDS if I can get in on a pool session to try it out before I go anywhere. I hope they will allow that! My instructor has a bus he takes to Florida, so I hope to get in on that trip!

jeepchick
December 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM
And tell the truth...you lay all you new gear out on the living room floor and just.....look at it....put it away...get it out later and do it again.....No shame. We all did it. :D

Well,......actually, it's all in my closet and I look at it in there, I had to get it off the dining room table so we could eat :D
We do have a little money left for food now that I've bought all of it!

__________________________________________________ _

Midnight Star
December 9th, 2006, 07:15 PM
We do have a little money left for food now that I've bought all of it! Ah, the heart and soul of a true diver ... once the diving vacations begin, it only gets better! :)

I bought my regulator first, and couldn't stand the idea of not being able to use it so bad, I went back the next week and bought my BC. Funny thing is, I can't stop going back ... then I found online shopping too ...

They should let you hop in the pool with the class if your certified, so you can check out your gear and swim around. I went by myself, but showed the lifeguards the gear and where everything was, before getting in the water. If something had happened, instead of trying to ditch weights, and/or inflating the BC, I mentioned just unbuckling two chest straps and pulling the cumberbund open ... it'll slip right off me. It was safe, and lots of people like seeing a diver in the water. I wish they'd let me go back more often, but if I did, i'd be afraid the high chlorine levels would start to fade my gear.

Crystal River is nice this time of year, just time it outside the cold fronts. I've read here that the manatees are seen on every trip. Since this was my "gear" year, next year, i'm going to try and schedule a trip there. :)

-----

Mike.

Midnight Star
December 9th, 2006, 07:18 PM
you lay all you new gear out on the living room floor and just.....look at it I'd look at mine and imagine I was getting an emergency call ... slinging my loaded BC up and on, then off into the water I went, in kind of a standing, twisting back roll. :)

-----

Mike.

DandyDon
December 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
This looks like a good discussion thread. Where's the OP...?

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Don't want to do your dives there, huh? Can't blame you. Did your gear buys include a Safety Sausage & Storm Whistle? Don't get on a boat without 'em. And I'd suggest the Nitrox course before Aow. You can get it in Florida for less than $100/3 hours.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

jeepchick
December 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM
This looks like a good discussion thread. Where's the OP...?

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Don't want to do your dives there, huh? Can't blame you. Did your gear buys include a Safety Sausage & Storm Whistle? Don't get on a boat without 'em. And I'd suggest the Nitrox course before Aow. You can get it in Florida for less than $100/3 hours.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Hi, thanks for the advice, no I don't have a whistle or safety sausage, things like that they don't tell you in class! Hopefully I will learn a thing or two around this site! Our LDS has a Nitrox class starting in the summer, hoping to get in that if I can get the basics done by then! Again, thanks for the advice, I'm loving hearing from the experienced divers here! I'm finding divers to be a fun group of people!

__________________________________________________ ___

DandyDon
December 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Hi, thanks for the advice, no I don't have a whistle or safety sausage, things like that they don't tell you in class! Hopefully I will learn a thing or two around this site! Our LDS has a Nitrox class starting in the summer, hoping to get in that if I can get the basics done by then! Again, thanks for the advice, I'm loving hearing from the experienced divers here! I'm finding divers to be a fun group of people!

__________________________________________________ ___
I would never call myself an "experienced diver" - indeed, some days I lower my voice when I say I'm a diver. :blush: But I do try to offer good suggestions, and these two signaling devices are among my pet peeves - as it seems that Local Dive Shops (LDSs) are not encouraging them to newbies. Padi may cover these in their Boat Diving class; I wouldn't know, never took it. It just seems that new divers are getting on boats without them, and rarely but still - lost at sea. And the Storm Whistle does seem to be the loudest. I carry one in case my in-line air whistle doesn't work when I need it, like if I am out of air. Never used it, but never dived without it.

The Nitrox class is another pet peeve. Newbies want to dive with more experienced divers, and many of us enjoy helping out, share in their enthusiasm, etc. Even tho Padi teaches a 60 ft maximum depth for OW divers, in the real world many dive the deeper dives for one reason or another, and Nitrox is especially beneficial in the 60-130 ft range. I had to end a Florida Keys wreck dive early last month because my boat-pick, newbie buddy was on Air and close to his Ndl, even tho I was on Nitrox with gas & time to spare. I like to see a newbie do Nitrox as his/her second course, and it's available for $98, 3 hours classroom now - less than half what it cost me, less than a third counting travel expenses for the dives that used to be required.

Your quote "Life, is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving" can be loaded into your Signature, btw - see UserCP, Edit Signature. Include Auntie Mame, 1958 if you want to go to that much detail - up to you. ;)

jeepchick
December 11th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I would never call myself an "experienced diver" - indeed, some days I lower my voice when I say I'm a diver. :blush: But I do try to offer good suggestions, and these two signaling devices are among my pet peeves - as it seems that Local Dive Shops (LDSs) are not encouraging them to newbies. Padi may cover these in their Boat Diving class; I wouldn't know, never took it. It just seems that new divers are getting on boats without them, and rarely but still - lost at sea. And the Storm Whistle does seem to be the loudest. I carry one in case my in-line air whistle doesn't work when I need it, like if I am out of air. Never used it, but never dived without it.

The Nitrox class is another pet peeve. Newbies want to dive with more experienced divers, and many of us enjoy helping out, share in their enthusiasm, etc. Even tho Padi teaches a 60 ft maximum depth for OW divers, in the real world many dive the deeper dives for one reason or another, and Nitrox is especially beneficial in the 60-130 ft range. I had to end a Florida Keys wreck dive early last month because my boat-pick, newbie buddy was on Air and close to his Ndl, even tho I was on Nitrox with gas & time to spare. I like to see a newbie do Nitrox as his/her second course, and it's available for $98, 3 hours classroom now - less than half what it cost me, less than a third counting travel expenses for the dives that used to be required.

Your quote "Life, is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving" can be loaded into your Signature, btw - see UserCP, Edit Signature. Include Auntie Mame, 1958 if you want to go to that much detail - up to you. ;)

I will definitely take the Nitrox course as soon as I get a chance. I hope to finish Rescue Diver by the end of summer. I just can't wait to get my checkout dives done, I want to see what it's like in "real" water and not just in a pool. By the way, you're granddaughter is really cute! I have a daughter that looks about her same age!

snepdiver
December 11th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Welcome to ScubaBoard. It is good to have you with us. There are lots of people on this board from your local area. Plenty of people to setup dives with.

Licensed to Creel
December 11th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Ahh, Chilly Greenfield. Until last year I lived in Beech Grove. I spent 25 years there. It was 75 and comfortable here on the east coast of florida today. Any questions? Seriously, welcome to the board. Indy is a nice place but I don't miss the cold.

Diving Doc
December 12th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Cow tipping is just American humour, and Hoosier is just a nickname for someone from Indiana. It's like calling someone from Liverpool a "Liverpudllian" or someone from Manchester a "Mancunian." Does that clear it up any for you?

Thanks for that, it is as clear as mud....but is cow tipping something you can get arrested for?

jeepchick
December 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks for that, it is as clear as mud....but is cow tipping something you can get arrested for?

Not if you run fast and don't get caught! Besides, what fun is it if there's no chance of getting arrested!

DandyDon
December 12th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Not if you run fast and don't get caught! Besides, what fun is it if there's no chance of getting arrested!
Nice, rowdy attitude. I certainly never did any moonlight cow tipping. Wrestled enough by day that this had no appeal to me, but I suppose urban folks could find amusement. Wonder if Utube has anything on it...? :silly:

Tiko
December 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Oh god , can you really dive in 13 C .
Well, here in the Red Sea we get 22 C lowest temp. and we believe that is cold.

PePaw
December 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome Cheapchick.
Doing my checkout dives at Vortex Springs in Fl. the end of January.
Come join us !;)

jeepchick
December 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Welcome Cheapchick.
Come join us !;)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm doing mine tomorrow and Saturday, the water is 40 F but I figure if I can dive wet in that, Florida diving should be a breeze! Now that I will have that out of the way, I can come dive in Florida just for fun!

Diving Doc
December 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM

Now I am officially intrigued!!:10:

Diving Doc
December 12th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Oh god , can you really dive in 13 C .
Well, here in the Red Sea we get 22 C lowest temp. and we believe that is cold.

Hi Tiko, you are officially spoilt:D Gets down to about 9C in this part of uk. whereabouts in Red Sea are ya? Land based or livaboard?

DandyDon
December 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Welcome Cheapchick.
Come join us !;)
Cheap? :confused: Eye doctor time!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm doing mine tomorrow and Saturday, the water is 40 F but I figure if I can dive wet in that, Florida diving should be a breeze! Now that I will have that out of the way, I can come dive in Florida just for fun!
I do hope you have a 7 mil FarmerJohn suit, heavy hood, heavy booties, neoprene socks, heavy gloves, a 5 gallon insulated bucket of warm water with a quart plastic jug for pouring, heave coat with hood, and everything else suggested in the how to stay warm thread on New Divers forum. 40F :11:

Have fun. :crafty:

jeepchick
December 12th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I do have all of the above that you suggested and the warm blanket, towels, hot soup and of course the cute little sweater hat for after the diving is done!

Diving Doc
December 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM
get yourself a couple of those rechargable chemical hand warmers as well. Little things are amazing

PePaw
December 13th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah, dang bifocals !
40 degree water for checkout dives !
Wow !
Can't wait to hear about it.

jeepchick
December 13th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Yeah, dang bifocals !
40 degree water for checkout dives !
Wow !
Can't wait to hear about it.

Okay, so......I did checkout dives 1 and 2, the water was 46 F, it wasn't bad, one guy got too cold and got out, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was sooooo fun! I can't wait to dive in warm water if cold water was that fun! I loved it! So, ready for Saturday to finish the checkout dives and move on to AOW!

Meister481
December 13th, 2006, 05:58 PM
She was a trooper! Saturday will be just as fun, and you will get a card to take home!

DandyDon
December 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Okay, so......I did checkout dives 1 and 2, the water was 46 F, it wasn't bad, one guy got too cold and got out, but I didn't think it was too bad. It was sooooo fun! I can't wait to dive in warm water if cold water was that fun! I loved it! So, ready for Saturday to finish the checkout dives and move on to AOW!
Hey that is so cool. I've done 47F, and it didn't hurt long - just until the capillaries in my face adjusted, as it was from a warm day. From a cooler day, but staying warm enough, it may not have hurt at all - just as long as it doesn't rob you of core temp.

I'm impressed with your attitude. It's usually the slender ladies who are more chilled and/or wimpy. You get great....! :cheering:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-049.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-020.gif

Hehe, you'll love Cozumel in the summer - just wearing a dive skin (body stocking). :crafty:

jeepchick
December 13th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Hey that is so cool. I've done 47F, and it didn't hurt long - just until the capillaries in my face adjusted, as it was from a warm day. From a cooler day, but staying warm enough, it may not have hurt at all - just as long as it doesn't rob you of core temp.

I'm impressed with your attitude. It's usually the slender ladies who are more chilled and/or wimpy. You get great....! :cheering:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-049.gifhttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-020.gif

Hehe, you'll love Cozumel in the summer - just wearing a dive skin (body stocking). :crafty:

Wimpy, no way! I pride myself in keeping up with and beating the "boys"! I can't wait to get into some warm water diving now!

DandyDon
December 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Wimpy, no way! I pride myself in keeping up with and beating the "boys"!:rofl3: I bet you do, but then - boys are boys... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/kar.gif

jeepchick
December 13th, 2006, 10:27 PM
:rofl3: I bet you do, but then - boys are boys... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/kar.gif

This is true! At what age do they stop being "boys"?

Diving Doc
December 13th, 2006, 10:35 PM

Never. Any further comments of this sort will lead to defamation of character!!

Once I was a boy and as such played with boys, now I am a big boy and play with big boys toys!!

jeepchick
December 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Never. Any further comments of this sort will lead to defamation of character!!

Once I was a boy and as such played with boys, now I am a big boy and play with big boys toys!!

;) Well, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up! And, girls gotta have their toys too!

Diving Doc
December 13th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I never worry about what Im gonna do when I grow up cos its never gonna happen.
Just have to make sure my toys are bigger than yours!!:D

DandyDon
December 13th, 2006, 11:14 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/dan.gif
Hoho, who knows? I like to think I'm an old coot with young heart. I wanta' fly to London next month, do a 7 day drive & pic shoot along the English channel, Scotland, Irish Channel, Liverpool, Wales - but no one wants to go. Heck, it'll be warmer there than much of the US - and I've driven thru much worse. I'll post a link to the album when I get back, or - maybe take it easy in Cozumel.

Maybe you should post that question in the Singles forum. It could use some life. :eyebrow:

Diving Doc
December 14th, 2006, 06:29 AM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/dan.gif
Hoho, who knows? I like to think I'm an old coot with young heart. I wanta' fly to London next month, do a 7 day drive & pic shoot along the English channel, Scotland, Irish Channel, Liverpool, Wales - but no one wants to go.

Dandy if your serious about this, do you want to PM me and I'll see if I can help you out with some planning?

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Hey, you're as young as you feel, right? :14: Besides, I'm a younger gal and I'd rather dive with some of you older guys that have a lot of knowledge to share! We'll keep you young and you'll keep us safe!

DandyDon
December 14th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Dandy if your serious about this, do you want to PM me and I'll see if I can help you out with some planning?
Oh, seriously thinking. I have a pretty dull life between trips (as you can see from my post count!), I've always loved traveling, thinking about something new, and this would be an interesting, cheap adventure. If I put real plans into action, I will indeed accept your generous offer.

Hey, you're as young as you feel, right? :14: Besides, I'm a younger gal and I'd rather dive with some of you older guys that have a lot of knowledge to share! We'll keep you young and you'll keep us safe!
Haha, I'm not really known for my safe diving, but have gotten a lot better about that. Really a bit of a mother hen with less experienced buddies, and I do enjoy helping, sharing the newbie enthusiasm, etc. Puget Sound and Calf's Channel Islands have much better cold water diving than what you survived already, and I'd love to do either again. Florida Keys would be warmer, Cozumel even warmer, or I'm open to other destinations. Let me know when you'd like to go, will have your Nitrox card, and for beyond The Keys - a passport. Sounds more fun than the UK drive around, I'm a harmless gentleman otherwise, and I'd be up for an adventure in Jan or Feb. :D

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Sounds fun! I'm a parrothead myself and love the Keys! I'm pretty much open to diving anywhere! I want to see as much as I can and learn in the process. I'm sure you are a gentleman, but I can hold my own with the dirty old men too! :)

gangrel441
December 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Hey - Greetings from a fellow midwesterner!

I haven't done any diving in Indiana, but if you are ever looking for a buddy to splash with in the enormous swimming pool to the east and north of Chicago, give me a holler! Some of the best wreck diving in the world, and so few folks enjoying it....what a shame. ;)

Diving Doc
December 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Oh, seriously thinking. I have a pretty dull life between trips (as you can see from my post count!), I've always loved traveling, thinking about something new, and this would be an interesting, cheap adventure. If I put real plans into action, I will indeed accept your generous offer.

Anytime bud

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Hey - Greetings from a fellow midwesterner!

I haven't done any diving in Indiana, but if you are ever looking for a buddy to splash with in the enormous swimming pool to the east and north of Chicago, give me a holler! Some of the best wreck diving in the world, and so few folks enjoying it....what a shame. ;)

Thanks, I'd love that! My father in law was a wreck diver back in the 60's and 70's and says it's better than the ocean, I know everyone has their opinions on that one. I would love to experience all kinds of diving and wreck diving is on the list. I'll keep that in mind for sure, and it can't be much colder than our dives yesterday!

Midnight Star
December 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM
and it can't be much colder than our dives yesterday! You guys dove ... without ... me?

:missing: (at home waiting for warm weather to return)

-----

Mike.

Meister481
December 14th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I've already tried to nudge her toward the lakes. She's a natural, and I'm sure someday in the future I'll be DMing for her.

Saturday should be a blast, quite a few kindred spirits engaging in the dives.

Hopefully we end up at the same watering hole saturday after the dives.

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I've already tried to nudge her toward the lakes. She's a natural, and I'm sure someday in the future I'll be DMing for her.

Saturday should be a blast, quite a few kindred spirits engaging in the dives.

Hopefully we end up at the same watering hole saturday after the dives.

I will definitely check out the lakes, like I said, I'm open to just about anything right now (diving related that is :no )

I can't wait until Saturday! It should be a lot of fun, maybe even too much fun!

I'm definitely up for some adult beverages after the dive! The food wasn't bad either! And, nowhere to be the next day so we can stay as long as we want this time!

You guys were great, you can be my DM anytime! I already learned a lot of stuff I didn't know just in the short time I was diving on Wednesday. :D

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 10:54 PM
You guys dove ... without ... me?

:missing: (at home waiting for warm weather to return)

-----

Mike.

No need to wait for warmer weather! Come up and dive with us! If I can take it, you can take it! Really, it wasn't that bad! I can't wait to go again Saturday!:D

Midnight Star
December 14th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I'm definately on the docket to dive there, but i'm holding out (oh, i'm trying my very best to hold out!) for camping weather this upcoming summer; i'd like to stay and dive through the weekend. :)

-----

Mike.

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I'm definately on the docket to dive there, but i'm holding out (oh, i'm trying my very best to hold out!) for camping weather this upcoming summer; i'd like to stay and dive through the weekend. :)

-----

Mike.

Yeah, camping is fun, and I have a great tent (the girl in me made me buy a big one that even has 2 walk in closets and a bay window)! Of course it's made by Jeep! Come on up sometime! I'd love to actually meet some of the people I talk to on here!:D

Midnight Star
December 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Cool! Then camping and diving it is - barring any major "problems" here, you can definately count me in :)

-----

Mike.

rakkis
December 14th, 2006, 11:25 PM
What time are you guys meeting on Saturday? I have a prior commitment so I don't think I can make it.

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 11:30 PM
What time are you guys meeting on Saturday? I have a prior commitment so I don't think I can make it.

Hey! We're supposed to meet at 1:00, and it's not like all of us will be on time. I have my last 2 dives to do and I think the rest are doing their first 3 dives, so I think we'll be there a while. The weather is supposed to be great! The water wasn't that bad and the vis was about 25 feet the other day. For a quarry, it was pretty cool, better than I expected! Of course, everything is cool at this point!

jeepchick
December 14th, 2006, 11:57 PM

What prior commitment could be more fun than hanging out with us?;)

rakkis
December 15th, 2006, 12:11 AM
What prior commitment could be more fun than hanging out with us?;)

Korean BBQ with some friends plus maybe something in the evening.

If you're meeting at 1, then you'll probably be heading home at around 5-6. That may be too close to interrupting playtime for me.

Midnight Star
December 15th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Would you guys quit pulling my arm already ...

I can feel ya' ... in my mind ... IN MY MIND! ...

trying to make me take my gear outta storage and ...

come ...
come dive ...
come dive with us ...

NO! ... MUST ... RESIST ...
MUST RESIST ...

-----

Mike.

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Korean BBQ with some friends plus maybe something in the evening.

If you're meeting at 1, then you'll probably be heading home at around 5-6. That may be too close to interrupting playtime for me.

Okay, fine, we'll have fun without you! BBQ sounds good, I do catering in my spare time, that's one of my favorite foods to do! Did a wedding over the summer and fixed it for 250 people!

Don Wray
December 15th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Hi Jeepchick! Welcome to ScubaBoard. Have fun Saturday.

gangrel441
December 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks, I'd love that! My father in law was a wreck diver back in the 60's and 70's and says it's better than the ocean, I know everyone has their opinions on that one. I would love to experience all kinds of diving and wreck diving is on the list. I'll keep that in mind for sure, and it can't be much colder than our dives yesterday!

Better than the ocean? Well...the ocean is a big place...I guess that depends on where in the ocean we're talking about... ;)

But the diving is pretty good...and vis is much better than it was when your father-in-law was diving it, assuming he hasn't dove it in the last 10 years or so...

I wouldn't take that bet about it not being colder than your dives, depending on when you go. However, in mid-to-late summer, the water temps reach into the high 60's or low 70's, quite nice in a 7mm suit. I don't dive dry yet, so that's when I go.

Always up for a new buddy. Look forward to hearing from ya'. :)

PePaw
December 15th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Glad you enjoyed dives 1-2 !
Too cold for me and then theres the issue of "shrinkage".

Have fun completing your dives. I'm an old geezer so a word of caution...
keep your wits about you with these guys !

Meister481
December 15th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Better than the ocean? Well...the ocean is a big place...I guess that depends on where in the ocean we're talking about... ;)

But the diving is pretty good...and vis is much better than it was when your father-in-law was diving it, assuming he hasn't dove it in the last 10 years or so...

I wouldn't take that bet about it not being colder than your dives, depending on when you go. However, in mid-to-late summer, the water temps reach into the high 60's or low 70's, quite nice in a 7mm suit. I don't dive dry yet, so that's when I go.

Always up for a new buddy. Look forward to hearing from ya'. :)

Been to Lake Michigan several times, even in the summer when the surface temp is near 80 the temp near 80-110 feet is around 46.

Diving Doc
December 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Can we talk in metres and degreees celcius please....all this conversion maths is making my head hurt"!"!

gangrel441
December 15th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Been to Lake Michigan several times, even in the summer when the surface temp is near 80 the temp near 80-110 feet is around 46.

True...but not all of the wrecks in Lake Michigan are at 80-110... :P

For a new diver, I would recommend the Holley Barge/Illinois Dredge, Tacoma, Flora M. Hill, Material Service Barge, Wells Burt....about the deepest any of these go is around 45 ft. Mid summer, the temps at depth are in the high 50's.

With a few dives under her belt, I might recommend the Prins Wilhelm, Wisconsin Car Ferry, or Milwaukee. These wrecks are at the depths (and temps) you are talking about.

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM
True...but not all of the wrecks in Lake Michigan are at 80-110... :P

For a new diver, I would recommend the Holley Barge/Illinois Dredge, Tacoma, Flora M. Hill, Material Service Barge, Wells Burt....about the deepest any of these go is around 45 ft. Mid summer, the temps at depth are in the high 50's.

With a few dives under her belt, I might recommend the Prins Wilhelm, Wisconsin Car Ferry, or Milwaukee. These wrecks are at the depths (and temps) you are talking about.

Okay, well, why don't you and meister481 get together and plan some dives for me and tell me where to be and when! Sounds like you both know what you're talking about! My father in law quit diving in the late 70's but he knows alot about where things are up there too. I probably won't have a drysuit for a while, but 46 F didn't really bother me, so I think I could do it. Looking forward to all kinds of experiences!:D

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Glad you enjoyed dives 1-2 !
Too cold for me and then theres the issue of "shrinkage".

Have fun completing your dives. I'm an old geezer so a word of caution...
keep your wits about you with these guys !

I can handle em!;)

DandyDon
December 15th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Can we talk in metres and degreees celcius please....
Nope! But stick around. :14:

When I travel out of the US, I often take a couple of F&C thermometers and put them up - maybe one outside of my room and one by the dive shop. Meters & Liters I can approximate to similar to Yards & Quarts, but the centigrade conversion does take some juggling. See below..

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-050.gif Jeepchick, I hope your next day of diving is as much fun as the first, your enthusiasm continues on thru additional training and real world experiences, and you'll continue to report for us..!!

http://www.tutorials.com/tutorial_images/05/0570/05707sm.gif

gangrel441
December 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Okay, well, why don't you and meister481 get together and plan some dives for me and tell me where to be and when! Sounds like you both know what you're talking about! My father in law quit diving in the late 70's but he knows alot about where things are up there too. I probably won't have a drysuit for a while, but 46 F didn't really bother me, so I think I could do it. Looking forward to all kinds of experiences!:D

Easy enough. When you go out on a charter, you go where the charter goes. If your charter goes out of Gary or East Chicago, any wreck you hit will be in 50 ft or less. If you go up to Winthrop or Racine or Milwaukee, most wrecks will be in close to or over 100 ft. Drop me a line when you feel ready to do your first lake dives, and I will see what's available. ;)

Diving Doc
December 15th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Nope! But stick around. :14:

When I travel out of the US, I often take a couple of F&C thermometers and put them up - maybe one outside of my room and one by the dive shop. Meters & Liters I can approximate to similar to Yards & Quarts, but the centigrade conversion does take some juggling. See below..

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-050.gif Jeepchick, I hope your next day of diving is as much fun as the first, your enthusiasm continues on thru additional training and real world experiences, and you'll continue to report for us..!!

http://www.tutorials.com/tutorial_images/05/0570/05707sm.gif

you must have one hell of a baggage allowance

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Easy enough. When you go out on a charter, you go where the charter goes. If your charter goes out of Gary or East Chicago, any wreck you hit will be in 50 ft or less. If you go up to Winthrop or Racine or Milwaukee, most wrecks will be in close to or over 100 ft. Drop me a line when you feel ready to do your first lake dives, and I will see what's available. ;)

Gary or East Chicago?:confused: I'd rather take my chances diving with a stranger in the 100ft waters myself! It would probably be safer!

Diving Doc
December 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Jeepchick my girl. Have you seen what Dandy accused me of.......confusing you with indygirl. Im so hurt i think we should boycott him!!!!!

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Jeepchick my girl. Have you seen what Dandy accused me of.......confusing you with indygirl. Im so hurt i think we should boycott him!!!!!

I just saw that, clearly, he's the one confused!:D We will have to get some pictures tomorrow of myself and indygirl together and we'll label them for him so he can keep it straight! I hope she gets a good fittin' wetsuit, it would've been miserable without it! Can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be certified!;)

Diving Doc
December 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM
My thoughts are with you,,,,,,keep your head and u will be fine..

Looking forward to welcoming a new fullly qualified diver tomorrow

gangrel441
December 15th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Gary or East Chicago?:confused: I'd rather take my chances diving with a stranger in the 100ft waters myself! It would probably be safer!

The harbor isn't the same as the rest of the town, silly. I believe there are charters that go out of Michigan City, too, but I am not as familiar with the wrecks over there. Othewise, the next option is Winthrop Harbor or Racine, WI. Believe me, East Chicago harbor ain't so bad...

Midnight Star
December 15th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow, I'll be certified!
Get a good nights rest ... your going to do great! :)

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
The harbor isn't the same as the rest of the town, silly. I believe there are charters that go out of Michigan City, too, but I am not as familiar with the wrecks over there. Othewise, the next option is Winthrop Harbor or Racine, WI. Believe me, East Chicago harbor ain't so bad...

:11doh: Oh, thanks for clearing that up, see I have a lot to learn!

jeepchick
December 15th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Get a good nights rest ... your going to do great! :)

Thanks, I'll do that, and I also passed on the beer with the pizza tonight, I'll save that for post dive tomorrow!:D

jeepchick
December 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Okay, I'm Ceritifed! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I already have a dive date for next week! I did it! Thanks so much for all your support! Thanks so much to my instructor and DM (you know who you are)! Can't wait to go diving with you next week!

Meister481
December 16th, 2006, 11:18 PM
The world has a new OW diver. She flew thru her skills with ease! Can't wait to see her on the docks ready to start her journey.

jeepchick
December 16th, 2006, 11:21 PM
The world has a new OW diver. She flew thru her skills with ease! Can't wait to see her on the docks ready to start her journey.

I'm ready to get started! Is it too late tonight? ;)

Meister481
December 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Nope, I'm not the one who would have to jump in a cold clammy wetsuit! Ladies choice!

jeepchick
December 16th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Nope, I'm not the one who would have to jump in a cold clammy wetsuit! Ladies choice!

Cold doesn't bother me, obviously!

DandyDon
December 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Okay, I'm Ceritifed! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I already have a dive date for next week! I did it! Thanks so much for all your support! Thanks so much to my instructor and DM (you know who you are)! Can't wait to go diving with you next week!

:medal:

Happy diving...!:crafty:

sam miller
December 17th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Congratuations on becoming a full fledged Hoosier diver.

The fun is only beginning!

SDM

Diving Doc
December 17th, 2006, 05:53 AM

Yeeeeh get on girl!!! Great stuff

(to be sung to the tune of Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep is anyone else out there old enought to rembmember it)

Last night an new Diver was born, oooooo eeeee Chrirpy chirpy jeepchick!!!

Now get over to England and dive with me ooooo eee Chirpy chirpy jeepchickk!!!
Chirpy chirpy jeepchick yeah!

Many congrats

gangrel441
December 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM

:bananalama: :dancingsnoopy: :wave-smil

Congrats! Another of our newbies getting all growed up on us...almost brings a tear to my eye...

;)

See ya' out on the waves sometime!

Diving Doc
December 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Is nobody gonna sing the song then?

indydivegal
December 19th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Hey there!!!!! my thread was moved to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum :-( Find me over there when you get back. LOL I think they did not like my new photos OR they don't consider me a tadpole any more. LOL pout pout!!

sam miller
December 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Hey JeepChick,

I don't know what you cornbread- corn fed Hoosier gals have but it should be bottled!

Join in the fun at the Great Lakes Wrecking crew.

Very shortly you, Ber and IDG will be the most famous women divers in the history of the sport..

sdm

Ber Rabbit
December 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Congratulations on your certification! Come out to Gilboa and dive with us on New Year's Day!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit
December 19th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Very shortly you, Ber and IDG will be the most famous women divers in the history of the sport..

But what will we be famous for? :eyebrow: Do we really want to be known for that? :11:

Ocean One
December 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Congrats Jeepchick on your certification! Expect your thread to get bumped like Indydivegal's did anytime!!
What are you in the water for today!! More cold and punishment?!?!?!?!!?!?
Geesh, give you a tatste of diving and we can't keep you out of the water....

jeepchick
December 19th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Congratulations on your certification! Come out to Gilboa and dive with us on New Year's Day!

Sounds good! I can't wait to meet you too! I think the three of us together could be trouble!

Diving Doc
December 20th, 2006, 05:32 AM
And still nobodies singing the song!!!

sam miller
December 20th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Contol your self man!

We can bubble it-- but Sing? You want us to SING?

SDM

Diving Doc
December 20th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Contol your self man!

We can bubble it-- but Sing? You want us to SING?

SDM

You've never sung on your safety stop...good heavens you've never lived. PS also a good way to freak out your DM :no

I dunno, all that effort i put into creating Jeepchicks special song and its just so unappreciated ...going down garden, eat more worms :shakehead :shakehead

Divin'Hoosier
December 20th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Welcome to SB Jeepchick. I'm pretty close by in New Palestine. This is a great place to find dive buddies. I've been certified a little over a year and have been able to dive local quarries (Gilboa, Haigh, France Park, Blue Springs, Falling Rock) and Lake Michigan in that time all with folks I've met on this board. Welcome!

k4man
December 24th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Another welcome from a "native" Hoosier---was born there. I do claim the Buckeye state as my home now as I've been in and out of Ohio for the majority of my life.

Welcome, Again, to ScubaBoard!

Midnight Star
January 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
It's warming up fast - start getting those campsites ready. :)

Fish Janitor
January 3rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
Your thread has been pirated. Avast ye waterbreathing scouls-

Aloha and welcome.

Good luck on the instructor plan. As a heads up- everything is not like the brochure reads.

Instructors as whole don't make a lot of money and it is difficult work in most areas.

We call it a "lifestyle" position. In other words- it is a position that doesn't pay for much of a lifestyle ;)

But hey if it were easy- everyone would be a dive instructor........Although my dive shop warned me I wouldn't make much money - they did tell me I would get all the chicks.

LIARS!

If I can help or answer any questions. (with real answers- no sales pitches) let me know.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1