Hi everyone from cold Indiana!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepchick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone! I'm new to diving, just finished my OW class a few weeks ago, have not done the checkout dives yet (it's 8 degrees here today). I hope to go to Florida in January to do checkout dives and possibly AOW too at the same time. My goal is to become an instructor, at the least a DM. I fell in love with diving the first time in the pool, have now purchased my own equipment and am looking for opportunities to dive around here and in other places. I'm a stay home mom of 3 kids, have worked in the medical field and was a firefighter/EMT for 8 years. We love adventure, running races, snow skiing, travel so diving is great for me! I can get away any time to dive so would love to meet others in my area to dive with. I would love to dive with experienced people as I think that's the best way to learn! Look forward to hearing from other divers as I will take any advice I can get!

8 degrees!!!! luxury. Thats the water temp here at the mo!!!!

welcome to the board and good luck with the instructor plan. Anything i can do...just pm me!!

Most important peice of advice i can give u is this....don't get hung up doing course after course, make sure you get lots of fun in too and make sure that you buy equipment thats gonna last and support you for strenuous diving as an instructor.!

Diving Doc:

Welcome to the board from the state next door!

Diving Doc:

I'm betting jeepchick means it's 8 degrees Fahrenheit, not Celsius
(8 degree Fahrenheit = -13.3333333 degree Celsius)

eckybay:
I'm betting jeepchick means it's 8 degrees Fahrenheit, not Celsius
(8 degree Fahrenheit = -13.3333333 degree Celsius)

ouch....in that case you win!!! oh the humanity!!!!:shakehead

Welcome to :sblogo:!!

We need a few more Hoosiers!! :D

And yes it's been freakin' freezin' this week!!!!!!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Welcome to :sblogo:!!

We need a few more Hoosiers!! :D

And yes it's been freakin' freezin' this week!!!!!!

whats a hoosier...forgive a poor ol englishmans ignorance

Brrrrr... I still remember the winter it hit 81 below (with the wind chill) in Chicago where I "grew up." I've stayed on Catalina for 37 years because of weather like that... and the great diving. It's a good thing there are brave folks like you (and my sister) that seem to "weather" it and prevent even greater over-crowding here and in Florida.

Hope you get those cert dives in and continue to enjoy the sport!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom