portable fill station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
just thinking about building a portable fill station.

I go on a lot of dive boat who provide compressed air through their own compressor.

I generaly bring along helium and Oxygen but use their compressor to top off.

since i have seen some bad compressors out there i have considered building a portable fill station,

anybody doing this, any ideas, thoughts

that is along the lines of what i am thinking PUG

and have fill whips for the O2 and He.

you think this is a reasonable thing to do

It seems like it would be much less expensive and certainly logistically more feasible to take along on a charter boat than a portable compressor (which if oiled would still need a hyperfilter stack.)

Even a that it isn't a cheap proposition... you are looking at several thousand for the filter stack and fittings. Some folks wouldn't think that reasonable :D

don't want to cary a compressor.

want to pack it into a pelican case along with a Haskle pump and travel with it.

weather that be Truk or Nanaimo

just thinking outload here

You can get a single tower hyperpure filter set up for about $1200. You will need hoses and valves as well. I would put a scuba valve, quick connect and bleed valve on the exhaust so you can turn it on and off and swap hoses easily. If you go with this setup you need to be aware that the backpressure valve requires 2000 psig for flow through the tower. So you will not be able to run a lot of gas through the setup without the Haskel. This means that you will need a lot of drive gas to get the job done. I don't think that very many dive boats/shops would be happy to use a lot of compressed air to drive the haskel.

omar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom