Golem Gear is at it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
For those of you that are looking for killer deals on top of the line Backplate and Wing combos, Golem Gear is once again offering some unbelievable deals. Golem and Oxycheq Sig Series combos for as low as $290 and $360. That's HUGE! In case you don't know it... these combos are among the best of the best.

http://golemgear.com/c-18-blowout-gear-specials.aspx

Thanks. I might get one.

I'm looking to buy my first BC or BP/W, and the Golem 35 Lb Aluminum Combo, or the SS combo are both at $340. Similarly there's the Oxycheq 30lb wing comb with Alum or SS plate at $360. I'm seriously considering it.

How do I determine whether to get the Alum plate or the SS plate? I'm a warm water vacation/travel/recreation single tank diver. Will wear either lycra or at most 3mm full wetsuit. I'm 5'9", 180lb, usually uses a size M BC. I usually carry a knife (didn't get strap, so it goes in pocket), whistle, writing plate, light (+ backup light if at night), and camera+strobe. Just got a set of used Mares VX16 regulator, with SPG that felt heavy (whole reg set is just over 7 lb).

Would the Alum plate suffice, or should I get it with the SS plate?

Also, between the Oxycheq 30lb wing and the Golem 35lb wing, with a difference of $20 (Oxy is more expensive), what are the differences in addition to the lift?

Thanks a lot.

that is realy cheap. especially with the inclusion of two SS tank bands....

I would get the aluminum plate since you will be diving with a skin and don't sound like you are fat (and bouyant). You can always add a few pounds of lead, but if the SS plate makes you swim around with air in the BC all the time, you probably won't like it. Plus flying with an aluminum plate is lighter...

Torontonian:
Thanks. I might get one.

I'm looking to buy my first BC or BP/W, and the Golem 35 Lb Aluminum Combo, or the SS combo are both at $340. I'm seriously considering it.

How do I determine whether to get the Alum plate or the SS plate? I'm a warm water vacation/travel/recreation single tank diver. Will wear either lycra or at most 3mm full wetsuit. I'm 5'9", 180lb, usually uses a size M BC. I usually carry a knife (didn't get strap, so it goes in pocket), whistle, writing plate, light (+ backup light if at night), and camera+strobe. Just got a set of used Mares VX16 regulator, with SPG that felt heavy (whole reg set is just over 7 lb).

Thanks a lot.

How much weight are you using on your weight belt. If you need 4 to 6lbs then go with SS and you won't need a weight belt. If you're like me and negatively buoyant, I'm 6' 170 lbs. I dive in a full 3 mm wetsuit with a Dive Rite ABS plastic plate and sink. I have an extra BP wing with a SS plate that I have setup for friends and this works well for them. If I was in need of a new rig these are some excellent prices.

dumpsterDiver:
that is really cheap. especially with the inclusion of two SS tank bands....
I didn't see anything about the SS tanks bands. I was wondering if it had tanks bands only or STA. The description on the SS, Sig 30 didn't say anything about either.

Torontonian:

Also, between the Oxycheq 30lb wing and the Golem 35lb wing, with a difference of $20 (Oxy is more expensive), what are the differences in addition to the lift?

Thanks a lot.

AL is lighter (how much weight do you need?), but the steel is a better deal since steel is normally more expensive than aluminum.

The Oxycheq is a donut wing, whereas the Golem is a horseshoe according to descriptions I've seen.

Weird. I thought that I posted this in the BCF. Am I loosing it?

Hot deals is the appropriate place, but people looking for BCD's may not notice it there. But then again, keeping it in the BCD section would have been unfair to Golem's competitors imo since I'm sure they would all prefer to post their hot BCD deals over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom