Yoke to din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

426Scuba

Reaction score
Where can I buy a kit to convert my regulator from a yoke to din? If it matters its a CDX5.

Any Oceanic dealer can get it for you. Many may also have one or two in stock. Other than that your best bets are ebay, or the classifieds here and in the gear exchange on the deco stop.

As long as we are talking about it, and please pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the two?

426Scuba:
Where can I buy a kit to convert my regulator from a yoke to din? If it matters its a CDX5.
Have you tried your LDS. Honestly if you have to ask that question you should get them to do the conversion for you.

pir8:
Have you tried your LDS. Honestly if you have to ask that question you should get them to do the conversion for you.

Hey Mr. Expert scuba instructor :mooner: Just be cause I ask where to obtain one has no reflections on my abilities. You don't know me so take you crap slinging else where. Hell if I had the specs I need I would just make one up on my lathe.

visibilityunlimited Is your CDX5 equipped with the DVD?

You mean DVT? No I got mine before that hit the market.

dk2943 As long as we are talking about it, and please pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the two?

with DIN valves your regulator has a male threaded fitting that threads into the valve. Used mostly on high pressure tanks.

The DIN valve is a European fitting which is attached to the first stage of a regulator which provides a more secure fitting because it is threaded into the valve of a cylinder. Provided the cylinder has din valve itself. The reason that I ask about the DVT (Dry valve technology) is that you would lose that if you switched to the DIN. If you own your own cylinders with standard k or less common j valves then they would need to be switched to din valve also. To keep your regulator in warranty though I do suggest getting the din adapter from an authorized Oceanic Dealer. Check the Oceanic website at www.oceanicww.com for the dealer nearest you or if there is no one close by, check the Oceanic authorized online dealers which also can be found on the Oceanic website.

dk2943:
As long as we are talking about it, and please pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the two?

Ignorance is a result of questions unasked. You asked a question. Those
that may not have known the difference now have the opportunity to learn and understand the difference and maybe generate questions of their own. I commend you for wanting to learn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom