Where is the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a location where my husband and I can make day trip dives in the Red Sea. We'd rather see reefs and sealife than wrecks, but we are definately not interested in seeing reefs that have been beat-up by irresponsible divers. Warm water in October and good vis too, if possible.
Also, I'd rather avoid areas where religious customs might restrict my freedom.

You want to try Sharm el Sheikh, or more exactly, Na'ama Bay. You can do dayboat dives out to Ras Mohammed and the Straits of Tiran and you will get awesome wall dives with lots of fish and superb corals. Some of the more local sites are okay as well, but otherwise, I'd advise to stick between going out to these two locations. There are several actual dives at both spots.

Na'ama Bay is a big tourist resort, so no worries about being able to wander about, do your own thing, etc. However, please remember to respect the locals – I hate seeing people wandering up the main street in a thong bikini, etc. That's fine on the beach, but throw a cover-up on before you head into town for lunch, etc.

A trip to The Roof Bar at the Camel Dive Club is a must-visit...

Mark

Back
Top Bottom