The Guardian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andydiver06

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have you people seen the movie "The Gaurdian" staring Kevin Kostner and Ashton Kutcher. A must see for those who are rescue divers or considering taking a rescue course.

The US Coast Gaurd rescue swimmers are shown with mask on forehead. MOF is definitely not a sign of panicked diver and is a more comfortable position to keep you mask.:wink:

There were some posts on this movie when it first came out. I haven't seen the movie myself.

I agree with ya though, If I see someone with MOF, I would look for other signs before I worried about there being an emergency.

Just remember that the working world and the sport world have an entire universe separating them. MOF is a sport thing and doesn’t matter one bit in the other world. :wink:

Gary D.

MOF again? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I watched the movie here in Brasil at the theater and liked it allot even though I don't like sad endings. I was a little worried the movie would scare my girlfriend since she is planning on taking her OW course in January after her law school graduation but she liked it as well and she realized that the crazy guys jumping out of helicopters with not much more than a mask and a fin was nothing like rec scuba.

andydiver06:
Have you people seen the movie "The Gaurdian" staring Kevin Kostner and Ashton Kutcher. A must see for those who are rescue divers or considering taking a rescue course.

The US Coast Gaurd rescue swimmers are shown with mask on forehead. MOF is definitely not a sign of panicked diver and is a more comfortable position to keep you mask.:wink:

Not quite. A panicked diver will push the mask up on forehead, pop the reg out and forget to fill his BC. That is not to say that everyone who pushes the mask up is panicked, but a panicked diver may.

It is also easy to lose a mask with the next wave that comes along. Been there, did that. If you really don't mind risking the rest of your dive day on the chance that the mask won't get swept off, then have at it.

Oh please....
what's the difference of me putting my mask on my forehead(which I usuallly don't)
and putting on the back of my head(which I usually don't) I leave my mask on until I get on the boat, unless I'm ust hangin out bs'ing which I'll pull it down on top of my octo( on the chin)........

GO MOF'ers.......

Go Charlie Golf. Do it however you want.

My Brother is in that movie. :) he was an Extra in the Bar Scene Kosner walks right in front of him and he is smiling like a freak. :) MOVIESTAR!!! Look for the Tall Black headed dude.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom