travel wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xizang

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
does the travel wing have an inner bladder? it looks very similar to the now gone scubapro s-tek wing, are they of the same material?

I have both. They are similar but not of the exact same material or dimensions. Both have an inner bladder with outer covering.

Is there a way to mount the travel wing to a backplate without significantly modifying it?

Axua:
Is there a way to mount the travel wing to a backplate without significantly modifying it?

You could just sandwich the travel wing between your BP and the tank - the cam band staps will hold it in place. Your only issue is that when you change your tanks over the wing will tend to slip off.

For a BP rog, a small wing with grommets for mounting would be preferred. A travel wing used with a TransPac does make a nice WW ring - that's what my son uses.

Actually, you can add grommets fairly easily to a Travel Wing. I have done it myself.

Make sure you burn/melt the holes for the grommets, and use stainless steel grommets.

I am presently using a Travel Wing on my DSS Kydex backplate that way.

Thomjinx

My DR travel wing (which I bought used) had grommets.

The Travel Wing will lose a fair amount of its lift capacity when used with a hard BP.... that is why the Venture Wing was made -- Its inside panel is the correct shape to go with the hard BP and therefore doesn't lose any of the 30 lbs of lift.

Jordan:
The Travel Wing will lose a fair amount of its lift capacity when used with a hard BP.... that is why the Venture Wing was made -- Its inside panel is the correct shape to go with the hard BP and therefore doesn't lose any of the 30 lbs of lift.

Good point. I haven't tried using my DR travel wing with my DR BP, but was thinking about it.

Jordan:

I would have gotten the venture wing if it was shaped like the travel wing. Why is the venture wing shaped like a triangle anyway??

Axua:
I would have gotten the venture wing if it was shaped like the travel wing. Why is the venture wing shaped like a triangle anyway??

I have a travel wing on a BP. The bottom of the wing is sandwiched between the plate and the tank resulting in the lose of less then 5 lb of lift capacity. I find it perfect for me. The longer venture wing should not experience such loss of capacity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom