Monterey Divers Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luvnthelife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone. Thought I would try to get a bunch of local Monterey/Central California divers together or anyone for that matter. Would like to meet some of you that I have been talking to. Please let me know if you are interested.

When were you planning on heading to Monterey?

Janeane, Emma, and I will be down in Monterey the Saturday before Christmas (12/23). We're planning on diving Pt. Lobos again, and there are a few others that will be joining us as well.

Let us know what your plans are, and we'll see if we can meet up while down there. If this go around doesn't work out, I'm sure we'll be down there the first part of the new year after we get back from Washington.

~ Jason

I am not sure when we can all get together. I just wanted to get an idea. Now we have your proposed date which is great. I live here and haven't been to Lobos forever. Let's see if we get some more bites. I was hoping to maybe charter a boat.

Going to be diving off of the Monterey Express this Saturday, its raining but is that still safe to dive from the boat?

RoyN:
Going to be diving off of the Monterey Express this Saturday, its raining but is that still safe to dive from the boat?
Rain isn't an issue, but the swell forecast is.
.SAT...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.
NW SWELL 13 TO 16 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY.

Yeah, thats the one thing I'm kinda worrying about. If it goes bad, at least the boating may be cancel. *sigh* :popcorn: back to the TV. Rather be swimming then watching TV, but looks like beggars can't be choosers :shakehead

There's at least 4 other divers from Jason/Janeane/Emma's camp that are gonna be at Lobos on the 23rd (me included) - assuming the conditions cooperate.

This weekend I am doing my Rescue Diver class. My instructor needs another person so I volunteered to help and get that one taken care of. The 23rd I might be able to do. I will let everyone know tomorrow.

I normally come down on saturdays.I might be there the 23rd as well.
You are always welcome to hook up with me ..It seems like you are normally working on the Silver Prince though..?

We should try to organize a little meet and greet/fun dive/hang out kind of day sometime. I have met many of the board members,but it would be nice to meet and dive with more...

Im envious that you live down there...Its a great town! Im burned out on the 680-101-156 haul down there,but it could be worse,I could live in oklahoma or something I guess?:shakehead

(no offense to you oklahoma people..Im sure its a lovely place:wink: )

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom