Oceanic Delta 4 FDX10 without DVT ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ememory

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all and nice to meet you,
I'm new to this forum.
I have an oceanic delta 4 FDX10 regulator.My master instructor bought it for me about 8 months ago.I'm an instructor so i'm diving with FDX10 very often.My problem/question is my reg. doesn't contain the piece for DVT.:(
Before my instructor purchased the regulator,he checked oceanic website and saw that Delta 4 FDX10 HAS a DVT piece on it(no version without DVT).After I realised that mine doesn't contain DVT piece,I asked the Authorized Dealer in Turkey(i live in Turkey), he said that the reg. doesn't contain it yet and we could have it later on.And i didn't have time to send it back to Dealer since i was in another place during the summer and diving all season.
Now I asked the dealer for DVT, and he says i need to pay for the DVT. What are my rights about this issue and if i need to pay for DVT how much does it cost ?
And i actually don't much trust the dealer in my country(what i heard of), So is it possible to have my regulator serviced at US ?

Thanks for reading

hi ememory. You can have the DVT retrofitted to your regs. Dont know if your LDS will do it for you which i think is pretty crap for you, but trry him anyway.

I am an oceanic dealer in the uk so if you would like to pm we can have a chat and i will see if i can help you out

Our product line may vary a bit in international territories. While the Delta 4 | FDX-10 has only been offered with DVT in the states, it has been and likely continues to be available without in some areas. An upgrade charge to install it would be appropriate, as would you have purchased a reg with DVT originally, it would have been priced higher as such. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide whether the price that your dealer is providing for parts and installation (which may also include some form of inspection or service of your system).

A few options for you:

1. Contact Mark Lane - mlane@oceanicusa.com - in our US Customer Service office for pricing and procedures for having your regulator serviced here at the factory.

2. Contact Shawne Stanley - shawne.stanley@oceanicse.it - in our South Europe office - he looks after Turkey.

Best regards, and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Doug

Hi doug, well on the ball there. Kelvin would be proud of you!!

You coming to the UK in January?

Thanks to everyone,
It is good to know that there are non-DVT versions available.I will contact Mark Lane and Shawne Stanley about the reg. servicing and the prices.
Oceanic customer service is perfect!
Thanks again

see you ther?
e...any good stitch ups or stories I can pin on Kelvin

Doug

Learning something new everyday. I would of never knew of a non DVT Delta 4 / FDX10 are out there, when I was reading I was thinking Grey Market. People really need to know about that crap.

Oceanic has bent over to help me. As we all know if someone is pleased they go on their way if they are not happy they tell 10 people. Well I'm trying to do the opposite.
Keep up the good realtions.

Back
Top Bottom