Northern Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If you are in Alaska and you can read this (except rainy places like Ketchikan) you probably have a good light show going right now. Step away from the computer and have a look:wink:

Snowing in Juneau...wait no it's raining...not wait it's snowing......

I heard it will be better tonight, I'm so jealous.

I was watching the solar flare and wishing I was home to see it.... Post pics iffin you see any please.

One of the things I want to experience before I leave this earth . . .

the K

The lights were pretty sweet. No lights last night, but there were a lot of meteorites.

Kraken, get up here. Here's a link that normally seems to be accurate about predictions:

http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/AuroraForecast/

I know this isn't dive related, but neither is snowboarding. If you are at Alyeska today, I'll see ya up. It'll be blowing today if the predictions are right, but 8-10" doesn't sound bad.

I was driving to the radio station a couple of hours ago and a moose blocked my path. He wouldn't move. I ended up being 15 minutes late but the other folks were a no show altogether. Oh well!

I love this state!

The Kraken:
One of the things I want to experience before I leave this earth . . .

the K
I have been lucky enough to see the three best shows in the last 50 years, so say the light experts. Un frikkin real! The good news is that solar activity is suppoed to be going up through 2011 I think is what I read. More betta light shows! I like to grab a beer and a pillow, put on my skiff suit and lay on hte eck watching untill they go away.

According to the Aurora web site I'm right under the display. But, we are overcast which is a mixed event. Aurora not visible but temp is up to nearly 0F.

Now if those of you in SE would just send some snow before my sewer pipe freezes I'd be grateful. Might even buy you the beverage of your choice when I come down next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom