Screen Protector for Atom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my new Atom 2 - just dying to try it out in the water. The heavy plastic cover/screen protector seems nice but also seems like it would fall off pretty easily. Is there some good way to secure this cover so it doesnt just fall off?
Thanks.

Hi,
There is the domed lens cover available for the Atom/Geo. It utilizes the wrist straps to secure it to the face. Contact your local Authorized Oceanic Dive Store and let them know it is part number 04.8105 or if there is not one near you, go to www.oceanicww.com and they have a list ther for the Authorized Oceanic Internet stores. I like the cover because it covers the buttons protecting them as well.

I just a a piece of adhesive transparent plastic sheet on all my gauges, the kind some people use to laminate their books. It protects them from the types of small scratches that you often get while diving. However, the surfaces of my computer, SPG and watch are flat which makes putting the sheet on them easy, if the atom screen is curved then this may not work.

I did put the flat thin one on. No problem with it sticking, unlike a similar type on my digital camera screen. The heavy one is pretty durable, breaking is the only way I can see it falling off. I did break one. Initially when I dried the computer after soaking I’d pull it up and away from the face, I don’t any more. I think the heavy one makes the buttons harder to push. But for now I like the added scratch protection, shore diving here is often a scramble over lava.

Well, I guess I should look a little closer. I guess I didnt figure out that the heavy cover does go through the band!!! I thought it just clipped on and thus was easy to come off.. Now I see how it works!!
Thanks folks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom