VT3 and Deep Stop at 21m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_sav

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to oceanic products, Just having invested in the VT3. I have only gotten it wet once so far on a shallow reef dive, however, in so far as to say that the transmiter/receiver works well, even with the transmitter pointing inboard.

I am soon to hook a second transmitter, as I run independant twins, so Hopefully with both pointing inwards I will still be OK.

Now, I am heading towards tech diving (Note: with transmitter anything over 30m I will still run spg's) and I am keen to understand better the ability to switch to a deco bottle for a couple of minutes at a planned 21m stop. Whilst the VT3 can not recommend a 21m stop, what problems will it pose, if I take the stop in deco, switching to a 3rd tank at 50% for those couple of minutes at 21m prior to moving to a ceiling of say 18m.

Again, I am a novice, and would like to understand better, how I can make the VT3 work best for me, short of just running Gauge mode, which will be my backup.

Regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom