Breakfast ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have recipes or ideas for a healthy breakfast on the go? I want to change up my routine (cereal/fruit or eggs and side fruit). Thanks!

Sometimes I do Spirutine protein shakes. I add ice and a tad of Girarrdelli cocoa powder.

Also, I love waffles with flax or wheat germ and pecans thrown in. Sometimes I make them ahead and put in zip locks in the freezer. You can put them in th toaster.

My standby is hard boiled eggs I eat in the car.

Also, you make Krispie Treats with dried currants, cranberries, pastachios, coconut, peanut butter, flax, anything healthy you feel like tossing in.

If I have time, I like eggs the best. Oatmeal with baked apples is good too.

Bob's Red Mill makes a wide variety of oats. I've gotten into microwaving some in the morning and adding raisins, walnuts and some other fruit (peaches, apples, whatever) along with a bit of skim milk.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/

My microwave has a "soup" setting, which cooks it perfectly. Quick, healthy, and it keeps me going throughout the morning. Gets me away from eating cereal as well, and is nice during the cold winters.

oh wow...a gluten free line too. my boy doesn't eat wheat.

I hope I can find that brand. That sounds good. Is the oatmeal the steel cut dry kind?
i do have trouble not getting it to bubble all over the place, even with a lid.

They do have some tasty steel cut oats, that is what I usually eat.

FWIW, you can order off of their website. I usually just cover the oats in a bowl with about a half inch of water and then toss it in the microwave. 9 out of 10 times it doesn't boil over, or I catch it before it does . . .

I figure eating this way will add a few dives to my life.

Oh, those are good ideas - thanks! Breakfast is looking better already!

When I'm in a hurry I'll make an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast...portable and tasty. :thumb:

yea, I opened an account on your site. thanks.

I never rush breakfast. It's the same every day. 3 cups of killer-coffee and a bowl of old fashioned oatmeal: 2/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk, cinnamon (sprinkled on the milk/water), brown sugar (not much), 1 diced apple, 1/4 cup raisins.

Place water and milk in sauce pan. Sprinkle cinnamon. Bring to boil. Add oatmeal, raisins, apple. Reduce heat. Cook till done. Dump into bowl, sprinkle with brown sugar to taste. Add more milk to cool. Enjoy.

You may not consider this breakfast but I like to BBQ up some chicken breasts and carry them with me too. So after the oatmeal and other stuff people have said..... when you get the munchies 2 or 3 hours later, some chicken is a great way to bring your metabolism back up, it's a lean meat, with great protein. Just another consideration. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom