Wahoo! I PASSED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrisB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from Oahu, where I passed the IE with flying colours! It's official -- I'm an instructor!

(Please allow 48-72 hours for the paperwork to be filed and the computer records to reflect this) :)

I'll let Mark report in on his own -- don't want to spoil his glory!

One quick note, though: anyone that lists Magic Island as a place worth diving... well... you really need to come see what shore diving on Maui is all about... we almost always have more than the 3' viz we had today at Magic Island. 'nuff said!

Congratulations bud, welcome to the stress and poverty of being an instructor!!
Seriously, excellent achievement dude!!

Im calling immigration... Magic Isl? I have never seen anyone put that down as a dive spot for a reason. There is good shore diving on Oahu but Big Isle has the best shore diving in the islands.
Congrats BTW.

I didn't say anything about *working*, did I??? :D

Somehow, ShoreDiving.com has a 3.1 average rating for it... unbelievable!

Also: Catherine: sorry I didn't call... the weekend was too busy to meet up. Maybe next time!

kidspot:
Congratulations Kris! How many candidates were taking their IE with you guys?
Thanks!

There were 7 English speaking candidates and I believe 11 Japanese. Some of the Japanese must have been doing some "make-up" tests, as they only sat the written part, and didn't do the pool or ocean work.

PADI sent two examiners, so it went quickly enough... :)

Congratulations!

BTW, our BOAT DIVES were cancelled on Sunday due to unusually bad viz, so I wouldn't say that Magic Island is normally 3'. Bad south shore viz this Sunday for some reason (south swell???).

sea nmf:
Congratulations!

BTW, our BOAT DIVES were cancelled on Sunday due to unusually bad viz, so I wouldn't say that Magic Island is normally 3'. Bad south shore viz this Sunday for some reason (south swell???).
Yeah... I hoped that was the case. There were several comments made by the local CD's that this site had been in pretty bad shape since that sewage spill.

I found it odd that the lagoon area had such low viz, too... it appeared that there shouldn't have been much water movement, considering there were NO waves and no surge in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom