Veo100nx - Error: Cycling through settings screen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTrickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Came back from a dive, when to press the button to retrive some data, only for it to start cycling through the options, no why to stop it - so I removed the battery. When I put the battery back in it did the countdown and it then stated on screen:

in the top of the screen

sr. 000 128

and in the bottom part: r.I.A

And just stayed like it. Tried it again in 48hrs and it now seems fine, although I haven't dived with it again..

Any I ideas what rIA means?

Hi Rich,
The Numbers are the serial number of the unit and the firmware used.If you have your manual it is on page 18 or check www.oceanicww.com under owner services which has the manual online in PDF format. I am just making a hypothesis thinking that the unit may have needed to be rinsed off as salt may have collected around the button.
Roy

Thanks Roy, as in life - RTFM.... I only had the quick reference card in front of me....I think some warm fresh water and a glass is order tonight for the computer...

Rich,
It's always good to read the manual but if you are like me, I always have to find the safe place I put the manual which is usually somewhere in my house and subject to location change without notice. I think it's great that Oceanic put the manuals on their website for people like me. Have a great holiday.

Hi Roy,

Well its still ain't quite right... I soaked it in warm water with a bit of vinegar in it over night, put a new battery in it, re-greased the o-ring and all seemed okay, no more cycling through the config, and no more sat on the firmware/serial screen. Fit it all back together, happy that I fixed it, go back to get something out of my dive box (5+ hours later) and low and behold its sat on the firmware/serial screen again, whip the battery out and put it back in again, and it does it again - it feels responsive and it springs back when pressed, so can only assume its the electronics behind the button that are faulty... My serial number is 128 - I wonder if any of the other early ones have the same fault?

Time to send it to Oceanic.... :-(

Rich,
Yes I do believe that may have to happen. Let me give Ron a call at Oceanic and see if he has any clue. I do believe he will be there between the Holidays. I know that you got one of the early ones when they first came out. If you can't find your receipt orwarranty info I know that we have a copy of both at the store. But let me give him a call before you send it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom