Vortex V-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The V-12's have good control and power under almost all conditions, the one exception being the frog kick. They are a bit heavy compared to some other split fins, but rock solid. Personally, compared to the ScubaPro TwinJets they have more power, but it really depends on your kick style. No comparison to paddle fins, basically any split fin will blow any paddle fin away for most situations IMHO.

Yeah, I have had SCubapro, TuSA and Volo fins and the V!"'s beat them hands down. Bizarrely, I seem to have no probs frog kicking with them, although everybody else I know who has them do! Me just weird I guess!

I have the V12 fins and love them. They are almost effortless in kicking and seem to move me along pretty fast. I think some have criticized them for not having as much power in a current, which I might agree with somewhat, but then kicking against a current is never easy. These fins can definitely help reduce leg cramps if you are prone to cramping. They unfortunately only come in black though. (I just drew some smiley faces on mine to make them recognizable)..
I don't think you can go wrong with these fins for normal recreational diving conditions.

I just did my owc, and the first few dives were with the v12's, i loved them and felt no strain at all in my legs.

After 4 dives i decided to give my Cressi Frogs a go, and the difference was amazing, i felt leg and ankle strain almost straight away, and had to use more energy to move along.

I did notice with the frogs that i could turn and position myself a lot easier, but was more than happy to go back to my v12's the next dive.

I think my frogs will be used on drift dives when it will be an advantage when positioning myself along the drift, like if i missed a pickup, scallop, bottle, gold bullion etc. and need to do a u-turn real fast.

I went from Decor Tigers which I loved to V12s. It took about 6 dives to get used to them (I couldn't feel myself kicking) but then I put my Tigers back on and they felt like lumps of wood.

The only thing that could improve the V12s would be colour choice (black, black or black) and a quick release buckle. After market swap overs work well for me.

Back
Top Bottom