DIR and Pistons [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : DIR and Pistons

Sponsored Link

pos-tech
October 30th, 2002, 09:33 PM
How could a group as paronoid about oms's bwod allow their followers to dive a piston reg.
If you open a well used piston you will see the ambient chamber is almost always coroded, the ip chamber is also. The piston o-ring is often not in the best shape, in fact it is on its way to being extruded!
Scubapro also claims the highest flow 1st stage, but all that means to me is when you hp seat going and everything starts free-flowing you will be empty in a matter of seconds.
Is there somthing I am missing?

jonnythan
October 30th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Troll.

ScubaDan
October 30th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Iím not even DIR and only have been diving 7 times and his question does sound loaded even to me.

-BlueHole-
October 30th, 2002, 10:27 PM
they seems also dislike jetsreams :eek: :eek: :eek:

(It's ironically intended,
don't be offended ;) )

jonnythan
October 30th, 2002, 10:45 PM
jumped out and gave him away.

First, if he had concerns about piston regulators, he would bring up those concerns without mentioning DIR. What does DIR have to do with how quickly piston regulators wear out?

Second...

Poseidon, Aqualung, Apex, Atomic, Scubapro, Oceanic, and Zeagle certified service tech
TDI ERD, Advanced Wreck, and cave diver
PADI Assistant Instructor
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DIVE PISTONS

Second... An Apeks tech who can't spell Apeks? I don't want this guy servicing my reg.

Third... "FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DIVE PISTONS"? Sounds to me like he's trying to start some religious flame war. Good thing is that everyone else realizes there are plusses and minuses to piston and diapgragm regs and that all modern regs are extremely reliable when serviced regularly.

This whole thing provided some amusement though :jester:

Uncle Pug
October 30th, 2002, 10:49 PM
... you guys (especially Jonnythan) are getting observant... now see if you can see any patterns in his miss-spellings that remind you of another poster. ;)

Hint: you might have to check some of his other posts.

jonnythan
October 30th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... you guys (especially Jonnythan) are getting observant... now see if you can see any patterns in his miss-spellings that remind you of another poster. ;)

Hint: you might have to check some of his other posts.

You had to do that.. :P

Now I've got something to do for the next few hours, I suppose.

Aquamaniac
October 30th, 2002, 11:32 PM
Looking at the flurry of new threads from pos-tech.
It seems we have a new resident expert........(sigh)

Uncle Pug
October 30th, 2002, 11:43 PM
jonnythan once bubbled...
Now I've got something to do for the next few hours.
It's gonna take you hours to read 14 posts? :D

jonnythan
October 30th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Uncle Pug once bubbled...

It's gonna take you hours to read 14 posts? :D

Scuba Board is a full-time job!

No, I'm vaguely reminded of someone but, in my old age, my memory is failing me. So I'm trawling the archives trying to refresh it ;)

roakey
October 31st, 2002, 01:40 AM
pos-tech. I know what POS means, and it sounds like it's fitting.

Roak

Genesis
October 31st, 2002, 10:27 AM
Let's see....

I have two piston regs. An SP MK25 and an older MK10 that I bought used.

I took the Mk10 apart to check it out when I got it. It had obviously been rinsed after use - there was no corrosion evident anywhere inside it and, in fact, the O-rings and seat were in perfectly-fine shape.

I cleaned, re-lubed (with Christolube, thank you), and reassembled it.

Works just fine.

Me thinks this guy is a major troll.

MikeFerrara
October 31st, 2002, 03:07 PM
I'm more interested in Pug's research of miss-spelling patterns. I'll bet someone could have a ball with my posts. I can't spell or type and don't worry too much about it on a board.

But hey...maybe there should be a spell check.

pyrite
October 31st, 2002, 03:23 PM
I don't know about the misspellings but considering the negative attitude toward DIR (seems to see it as a cult) And the negative overall nature of the post, I'd say it sounds like someone who has a special feeling about narcosis!

ElectricZombie
November 2nd, 2002, 01:53 AM
Troll and an idiot. He posted some other crap about SP and pistons.

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1