Come On Now...Share!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
You folks in SE and SC have to do a better job of sharing snow. You got gobs while we got maybe an inch at most. Have some pity on my sewer lines, eh?

Don't worry, our snow is just about gone!

...STORM WARNING TONIGHT...
.TODAY...S WIND 35 KT BECOMING E 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS
30 FT SUBSIDING TO 24 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS.
.TONIGHT...N WIND INCREASING TO 50 KT LATE. SEAS 21 FT SUBSIDING
TO 19 FT LATE. RAIN.
.THU...W GALE TO 40 KT. SEAS 19 FT.
.THU NIGHT...SE WIND 30 KT. SEAS 14 FT. RAIN SHOWERS.
.FRI...SE GALE TO 45 KT. SEAS 24 FT. RAIN.
.SAT THROUGH SUN NIGHT...SE GALE TO 35 KT. SEAS 26 FT.

Dave

Sorry to read that.

We received about an inch with another few showers forecast.

Oh well, just one more proof that we aren't in charge, eh?

Im told there is a "buttload" in Homer. Figures. I bought a brand new sled in 01 and rode the track off it. 02 no snow, None. I bought a ATV in January and rode it to the top of Caribou hill. 03 no snow, 04 snow but I was working in Hawaii. 05, went home at Xmas and no snow. 06, tons of snow and im in frikkin Iraq. Are y'all seeing a pattern here? My 5 y/o sled has one season on it! Grrrrr

I'll admit guilt on this one. We have been getting dumped on. I hit the mountain today at 10:20 and got back home at 4. The first few runs were all powder, then I would have to cross the occasional track for the rest of the day. It's supposed to keep up for a little while longer.

Bad thing is: I can't find my truck in my yard.

Saw the paper this morning happy now? Looks like it's gona be hard to drive to whittier and dive with all that snow.

Wildcard:
Im told there is a "buttload" in Homer. Figures. I bought a brand new sled in 01 and rode the track off it. 02 no snow, None. I bought a ATV in January and rode it to the top of Caribou hill. 03 no snow, 04 snow but I was working in Hawaii. 05, went home at Xmas and no snow. 06, tons of snow and im in frikkin Iraq. Are y'all seeing a pattern here? My 5 y/o sled has one season on it! Grrrrr

See? See? That's why everyone needs to sell all their snow toy stuff and move to Southeast where you can spend all your disposable income on dive toys:D (and raingear)
Be safe over there Wildcard:wink:

Poog:coffee:

Divesherpa:
I'll admit guilt on this one. We have been getting dumped on. I hit the mountain today at 10:20 and got back home at 4. The first few runs were all powder, then I would have to cross the occasional track for the rest of the day. It's supposed to keep up for a little while longer.

Bad thing is: I can't find my truck in my yard.

Guess I'll make myself feel better by getting started on my packing for Hawaii :crafty:

sea2summit:
Saw the paper this morning happy now? Looks like it's gona be hard to drive to whittier and dive with all that snow.

There is always a lot of snow in Whittier. If you can't get past gird, you can always go snowboarding. If you can't get past Tudor backtrack and stop by the Tooth for a beer.

Actually, I know a couple of people heading down Friday, maybe a convoy would be in order.

Back
Top Bottom