Cousteau Museum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rndboulder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I thought some of you would enjoy my Cousteau Museum at www.flashbackscuba.com. Just click on the Museum link. I have a lot of photos posted and I will be adding written descriptions for all the photos as well as articles, stories, and first hand accounts in the near future. It is a work in progress so check back from time to time.

I will have a large display of equipment and photos at the Our World Underwater event in Chicago in February 07. Visit www.ourworldunderwater.com for details. It should be a unique opportunity to see some very rare and interesting equipment. See you there.

-Ryan

Great site Ryan, lots of cool pictures from the beginnings of sport diving. I can't even begin to imagine how exciting diving was for them back then when everything was new and unexplored.

ClevelandDiver:
Great site Ryan, lots of cool pictures from the beginnings of sport diving. I can't even begin to imagine how exciting diving was for them back then when everything was new and unexplored.
ClevelandDiver,

You really think that this water planet is now conquered, that there is no more to be seen that is unique? Well, simply go look where others haven't. I'm sure that there are animal behaviors, new animal species, new interactions, which have yet to be documented (I've seen some of them). What is nice is that you don't need to "play" around with the equipment as much, as it is in a better state than it was in the 1960s. But, there is still a lot we don't know about down there. Most every diver can come back saying that (s)he's seen things others have not yet seen on just about every dive, and some of that even scientists have yet to see or document. It's still an exciting place there. I dive freshwater rivers, mostly, and see new things every dive. As an example, take a look at this freshwater mussel spawning (see photo below).

SeaRat

Attachments

• Mussels spawning8.jpg
    Mussels spawning8.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom