I Guess I'm now Kama'aina instead of a long term visitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on the new house!

I'm still waiting to own a piece of the rock - I've been hoping (in vain) for the housing prices to drop a bit more.

Everybody! Party at Onfloats house!!! :D:D:D

Best wishes and many happy memories in your new home!

So, have you unpacked everything yet, its been four days. Are you going to dive this weekend? You know E-Beach is only a 15 min drive from our houses, evening dives after work are definately a possibility now, along with night dives at Makaha when the surf is down. I'll drive. :14:

I lived and worked in Kapolei for a while. How much does a place cost on the west side cost now? I think Ewa counts as west side no? We are thinking of opening a video game company in HI....

I ended up getting a lot up Aiea Heights, but the 1.5 years my wife, my realtor, and I spent on looking for a place was nuts...my realtor showed us over 30 places, and I ended up not going with her. I recommend her to anybody. She is BAD*****...no BS...if you are want her info, please PM me...I don't want to list her publicly on the forum, but FYI, she is a longtime Prudential realtor...

Welcome to the 'rock'...

sloyota:
but the 1.5 years my wife, my realtor, and I spent on looking for a place was nuts...my realtor showed us over 30 places
I know how that goes. The selection of houses in livable condition is abysmal. A lot of locals just do not seem to give a damn about maintenance and upkeep, and the condition/cleanliness of houses being "shown" is sometimes just hilarious. Like a dead 2"+ roach plainly visible, lying in the middle of a bathroom floor during an open house!

FWIW, I looked at a lot more than 30 houses in a 2 month period, mostly on the Windward/E. Honolulu side. Unless you can afford a $1M+ house in that area, plan on doing a lot of fixer-upper stuff like I am bogged down in.

The Kapolei area is much better in price and relative condition of homes, but I could not deal with the commute from there to Manoa.

Back
Top Bottom