hose routing question with h valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtRider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some help figuring out how to route hoses and use both my AL80s with K valve (yoke) and my new hp 120 with an H valve. I dive with in a wetsuit.

I'd like to keep at least one a yoke for travel purposes
I'd like to minimize any changes needed requiring tools when switching back and forth
I could buy other equipment if necessary (i.e. right hand valve better?) but don't want to buy another reg.
Eventually I'll get into doubles so if that affects this decision let me know how.

This is what I was using:
Mares mr-22/abyss with yoke (reg on right side)
Suunto AI transmitter attached to first stage for vytec computer (left side on first)
Backup spg - suunto 3 gauge console converted to 2 guage back to back with spg on one side and sk7 compass on other (right side)
Low pressure inflator hose with sherwood shadow octo+ attached (left side)

I have this equipment available
Left hand Thermo H valve (careful here...thermo's left is others right) and the left hand post is the 300 bar din only and the center is the 232 bar din which allows a yoke insert.
New mares abyss/mr-22 setup with a din conversion (just converted from yoke)

Pics of the current mess without changing anything. This is just attaching the gear I have with the center mounted first stage the same way I used it diving without the H valve.

hmmm...upload failed. File size is small and image size 640 max. Site problems???

I assume that your new MR22 came with a second stage. As such ditch the Shaddow Octo. I would also ditch the console and just leave the SPG by itself and wrist mount the compass.

Then you rig an H valve just like you rig doubles. Primary 2nd stage and LP inflator on the right post reg and your backup 2nd stage and SPG on the left post reg.

As for your transmitter - mount it on your right post reg.

At this point your rigged for doubles or an H-valve. And when you do go into doubles convert the other reg over to DIN. And for travel just move the hoses over to one reg with the yoke.

Scared Silly:
I assume that your new MR22 is both a first and second stage. .
Please do a course or do some googeling, a MR22 is a Mares 1st stage nothing more and nothing less.And has nothing to do with a 2nd stage:D

In this case I'M scarerd silly :popcorn:

Picky picky, I should have said I assume your MR22 came with a 2nd stage :D. (No need to do a course or do some "googeling" whatever that is, I used to own one)

Ok I think attachments are working again... Note that as I said above I just slapped everything on the H as it was currently setup.

So there is no way with this rig that I can make it work without getting out a wrench every time? I have one hp120 tank with an H and then the rest are al80s so if I do a first dive scanning a wreck with the AL80 and then come back to do the penetration dive with the 120 I have to break out tools???

My other option is to buy another abyss I guess but 3 regs...that is a bit much I think... I need to learn how to do my own service on tanks and regs then which I guess isn't so bad but I'm not sure how long or costly it is to get the certification and proper training.

Also, I really like the sk7 with the backup spg. Neither of those are often used so they are clipped back out of the way when not needed (lower side d ring on ranger). The sk7 is a beast on a wrist mount and I don't like that interfering. The front/back mount on the suunto modular console is actually really nice. I'm surprised more people don't use it this way as a backup to their AI computer. Yet I know this stimulates long debates which I've seen on other threads and I'm not looking for it to go that way here...

Attachments

• regsforhvalve.jpg
    regsforhvalve.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 424
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom