side exhaust reg to replace omega?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adstaa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
now that the omega reg has apparently been discontinued, will oceanic be bringing out another side exhaust reg to replace it?

merry christmas... :D

...I'm not aware of an Oceanic replacement for the 'Omega' ...Scubatoys in Dallas , Texas may have some left, if you really want an Omega....otherwise your options are the Dacor/Mares 'Viper', several Poseidon regs.... the new 'Dynamo' reg, and the new Aqualung 'Kronos' reg.

Karl

thanks karl.

i did pick up and omega from scuba toys but i'm thinking down the track when i'm allowed to spend some more $$$ on toys....

DH and I have a pair of old Omegas, and we love them.

Mine was bought in 1991. The only replacement is an orange Omega 2nd I picked up at a leftovers sale for $99 (the original Alpha octo went in the trash a few years ago).

DH bought his in 1993. The 1st stage & octo went in the trash a couple years ago, but the Omega 2nd stage is mounted on a Dacor Eagle from our LDS.

On our last trip, both units decided to start freeflowing, forcing us to use normal rentals for the rest of the dives.

I've been thinking about some new regs rather than rebuilding these, but if there is an Omega III in the works, I can wait until they come out.

Any information would be appreciated!

Wendy

Sheesh - I can't believe "perhaps in 2008" rolled so easily off my keyboard back then. Service those Omega II's - they'll work good as new, and you won't have to wait so long...

Yep but it rolled off anyway,so PLEASE do tell.:D

Back
Top Bottom