anyone use DUI Thinsulate 400 gram?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottfiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was wondering if anyone dove dry with DUI thinsulate ultra 400g undergarment.

if so, could you post how much weight you use, along with the type of tank, and what size the thinsulate is? (small, med, large, eg.). if there is additional weight in your backplate, don't forget to include that too.

I've heard they are very buoyant, I'm trying to get an idea of how buoyant that particular undergarment is.

thanks,
scott

Size Med.

With double 130's w/SS plate, fresh water. No weightbelt
With double Al 80's w/SS plate, fresh water. 12 lbs.

scottfiji:
I've heard they are very buoyant, I'm trying to get an idea of how buoyant that particular undergarment is.
Compared to what?

I use a Santi 400g, but it's the same stuff...

Double 130s w/ SS plate, fresh water, no weight
Double 130s w/ SS plate, salt water, 6-8 lbs
Single 130 w/ SS plate, salt water w/ 6 lb STA, 8 lbs
Single 72 w/ SS plate, salt water w/ 6 lb STA, 11 lbs

I'm 6'0", 155 lbs.

I'm not sure what good any of this information will be to you. You need what you need.

5'9 170lbs Medium
AL80 Doubles, SS Plate (6lbs), 8lbs v-weight, 4lbs of other stuff (can light, etc.) ~= 18lbs
HP100 Doubles same but no v-weight

For what it's worth I really like my 400g but I have noticed a lot of folks around here in the 300g polartec power stretch. (Short duration dives ~50F)

Hey, Scott, I'm not sure what you're looking for. One thought that might deliver a more meaningful comparison is if anyone has moved from 200g polartech undergarments to 400g thinsulate, and if so, what the weight requirement was for the change.

I'm curious, too, as I own a 400g thinsulate undergarment (Andy's) that I have yet to dive...

double-130s, salt water, SS backplate, 10# v-weight (custom-cut 400G thinsulate, DC ultraflexpro drysuit, 12mm hood). 195#, 5'10".

IIRC, its about 7# more than my 200g DC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom