What wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltblue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

My wife and I will be coming down to Florida in mid February. What exposure protection should we plan on bringing down and using.

thanks

We'll be diving mostly in the ocean. May do the springs but we are bringing our boat down and cruising around so it'll most likely be the ocean. Would drysuits with light underwear be too warm?

Starting in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami and going south down to the keys. We already have drysuits we use up here in Michigan. We also have skins and 7 mil wetsuits. I was just trying to avoid bringing them all down to try and conserve space on the boat. Kinda sounds like we'll end up at least bringing the drysuits and maybe getting a couple of 5 mils down there. Might come over to Chicagoland and get some from dive right in.

I got a great deal on Akona suits right now while they last....I got a group going down there from Dec. 26- Jan2.....I was just around those parts about 3 months ago diving and wore a 3 mil. But its definetly colder now. For me it wouldnt be cold enough for a drysuit, a person in the group is testing out a tropical drysuit down there.

How much diving will you be doing there? Alot of consecutive dives? If so, you might want your 7mils or drysuits.....

Come By the shop and I will have a free shirt waiting for both of you :D

The 3mm suit is the favorite in Central and South Florida. The temperature at Jupiter last weekend was 77, and we expect similar around Pompano Beach this weekend. A hood is helpful when it gets in the mid 70's or less. The springs are all 72, and many of us still use 3mm.

Ocean conditions can change. There are plenty of places that can rent you the right one down here. If you choose to buy one, you might as well get one in Florida. This is a diving state. The selection and prices can't be beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom