ATOM 2.0 / Oceanlog 2.1.2 - Deleting dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakkis

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
When I teach confined water sessions in the pool, my Atom 2.0 starts to count these as a dive. Due to the fact that we surface a number of times, when I download the dives, I have ~10-20 "dives" for the day depending on how many classes I've taught that day.

Other than turning WET activation off and relying on my SPG, is there a way to use the computer in the pool without it being counted as a dive? Also, is there a way to delete dives from the unit's memory? I realize that I can import selectively, but it would be nice to just "import all" without trying to figure out which dive to count.

Also, where can we get the latest firmwares for Oceanic computers? I have not found them on the website. My ATOM wont display AM/PM on the main time display. Rather... it has, but it went away for some reason even though I'm still using 12-hour mode. My Atom's current firmware is 3b.

Thanks, Scott!

Scott,

This is an issue that many of the instructors have come across. I do believe that this is one of the things that Oceanic is working on with the firmware update that has yet to be finalized. The most recent (beta) version had several bugs that SB members had pointed out as we were asked to evaluate the firmware.

My understanding from the manual is that dive editing needs to be done through the firmware. To my knowledge, there is not a way to delete dives from the new line of computers (I use a VT3), but that's not to say that NetDoc, Doug Krause, or Cerich may not have further updates or information available on the issue.

That's what I have found to be the case. From reading the manuals and looking for info online. I was asking to see if it was maybe an undocumented feature.

Glad to hear Oceanic is hard at work supporting their products. Then again, I wasn't expecting any less. This is Oceanic we're talking about. Great work guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom