I'm going to quit smoking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, I am finally going to quit smoking!! Tonight is my last night. I have been planning on doing this for some time now and am finally gonna stop.

I know it is doing nothing good for me (except I heard it makes your air consumption lower!). So, it is time to quit. And for added encouragement, I am starting a savings jar that at the end of the week, I will add the money I saved to it to save up for a bp/w.

I think it will make a good Christmas present for me and everyone else!

Anyone else out there that has quit recently and have any tips or words of encouragement to share?

I quit almost 13 years ago, after 20 years of smoking.

When you get a craving, don't give into it. they pass quickly but can be extreemly powerful for a short bit.

I quit over a year ago (I wanted to quit before I began diving!). Read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smokiing. It eill help you realize that you are not being deprived, you are in fact being set free!

I smoked for over 20 years. The first three days are awful, but you wake up day four and feel GREAT. Good luck!!

I quit smoking cigarettes 5 years ago. 2 years ago I started smoking Cigars. Tonight I had my last one. Yes it's a great Christmas gift for myself, and my family.

Start exercising, and watching your diet. If you don't, you'll probably gain about 20 lbs. I did the first time I quit.

You can do it!!

way to go.

Try and exercise a lot, they might be less appealing. (I hear people say that)

Also, the patch really helps, they say. And remember your lungs actually recover to a large extent, pretty fast. Give yourself pep talks. BLEACH your teeth and inspire yourself.

Get some Valium.

evad:
Get some Valium.

I guess I could but I'm scared of pills (even tylenol) and I think the stress of thinking the pill was gonna "kill me" would make me smoke even more

congrats on making such a great decision... yes, as Catherine said - get some patches or gum to help ease you over the most stressful times

good luck and all the best!!!

dhampton82:
I guess I could but I'm scared of pills (even tylenol) and I think the stress of thinking the pill was gonna "kill me" would make me smoke even more

Don't get Valium. Get ton's of exercise.

good to you!

After several attemps, I used Zyban, sorry they are pils but it is so helpful, much better than anything else.
I had the 10kg extra too, but i prefer being fat than dead...

Be carreful, once you have stoped, it come back really fast after one or two smoke.

Good luck, that is the good choice!

Back
Top Bottom