VT3 and Oceanlog Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_sav

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

1. I am a Suunto Convert to Oceanic and a some features which is not readily availabe for display in log mode is the Average Depth of a given Dive. Some other basic info could also be included on the PDC like Total Bar/PSI Used -although I know this can be accessed through dowloading. Such info is useful for filling out a manual dive log, handy if you are not lugging a computer around on diving holidays. Currently there are two screens to display Log and I imagine to incorporate the extra data you would need to go to a 3rd submenu screen which from an end user point of view I do not see as a problem. I would rather the information on hand.

2. Average Depth for a dive log does not display / or display correctly in the 2.12 oceanlog software. I have done three shallow reef dives with the VT3 and Average Depth (I would have thought would be better displayed somwhere near the Max Depth) unless you need it there to work out the SAC Rate. There is an 'Ave. Depth' field in the Tank sub record set, however I do not know if this is meant to be an Average of all Diving, or just the single dive. Acutally I am not even sure if it is meant to be Average Depth as I understand it. I have done 3 dives all shallow, and the 3rd Dive shows the Ave. Depth as 17.5. Now even though all my measurements are in metric does this 17.5 reflect feet? if it is then can it be fixed to show metric along with the rest of my metric values? If it is not feet, then I can only see it as a ficticious figure as my max dive out of all 3 was to only 7.9m

3. The SAC Rate does not display any data. I am only stabbing in the dark here, but could it be related to the issues with the Average depth above, along with metric use of the PDC?

4. I left a post back on the 18th Dec, regarding the VT3 and 21m Stop. I would love to understand my options better so if you get the chance could you have a look at it and reply.

5. Please don't think I am discontent with your VT3, I am still learning the values of it, however, I would just like to add input from my perspective with the view to having a bug free solution, and a Dive Computer that I can obtain valuable information from.

Best wishes for the Holdiay / New Year period.

Regards.

3. For the SAC rate to display, you'll need to type in the tank's capacity and working pressure.

Hi Rakkis,

Yes I did try, however to no avail. The problem, I suspect is all my configurations are in Metric. The Average Depth shows Feet. The software will not calculate the SAC Rate. It leaves the Field Blank.

Cheers.

Hi Doug, and Oceanic generally,

I am wondering if you have any feedback or have resolved the issues with the ocean log software problem for Average Depth, as I outlined at the start of this thread.

I sent the data files as requested.

Regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom