The day after Xmas, what else is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The story of Kwanza
Long, loong, looong, loooong, ago on a beautiful sandy tropical isle, three wise men ( I think they were PADI course directors) were standing one evening having a beer, and to the west 5 stars rose in the sky where none had been before. The three wise men discussed what they could be? Then they had a beer. The next night the five stars once again rose in the western sky. Once again the three wise men put there heads together then had a beer. On the third night as the stars rose a voice came to them. “This is PADI, follow the stars and bring gifts”. So the next day they gathered there finest SCUBA gear, titanium regulators with AI, BP/Ws, masks, fins, everything they could carry as they were afraid to ignore PADI. Off they trekked across the island in the direction of where the stars were. Night fell and the five stars rose again. The PADI voice said “you must hurry and don’t stop breathing” The three wise men new better than to doubt PADI so they hurried, breathing constantly. As the sun rose the next day the three wise men took a mandatory safety stop, and had a beer. Then they continued on, it was a big island. That night the stars rose brighter than ever and the men knew they were close. Throughout the night they walked. As the sun started to rise and the stars set in the ocean, they came to a wide white sand beach and they could now see the five stars from the PADI 5 Star Dive Resort. A crowd had gathered on the beach. The wise men approached and found a baby nestled in a Halcyon Explorer wing, surrounded by SCUBA gifts. They placed there gifts in the pile. The child radiated warmth and caring as no other before. The three wise men felt compelled to name a holiday in honor of this special child. Being SCUBA divers they weren’t real bright so they found a near by scrabble board and drew two tiles each. The letters made no sense so the were going to draw again and the PADI voice boomed “Use them” so they did and it spelled Kwanza. Now it was time to name this honored child. They went to the scrabble board again and each drew a letter but they could make no names. They each drew again and were stumped. So they drew again yet they still could not figure out a name from the letters. So they went to draw again and the PADI voice boomed out, “enough already, name this child” The looked at the letters long and hard and they spelled “Justleesa”!
Now you know the story of Kwanza and how Justleesa came to be on this day long, loong looong, loooong ago!
I goggled Kwanza to double check the facts but they seem to have it wrong. I have sent them this correction.

:hb2: Happy Birthday Lisa, we love you!:hb2:

OhYa, Happy first day of Kwanzaa.

:rofl3: You are one sick puppy.

I put this in the general section becouse Lisa is a moderator and I wanted people outside of Ohana to see it. More overzelous moderation I see.
Happy Bday Lisa!

Happy Birthday, Lisa! If I was in town, I'd come and buy you a drink! But, will we see you on Wednesday? I'll do it then!

Way too much....

DAMN, I forgot Boxing day too! She coule have been delivered in a box......

Nice one Wildcard! A very Happy Birthday to you Leesa...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom