Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DudleyNMU

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok guys and gals i am looking for some new gloves to use ith my Viking Extreme Drysuit.I had the Viking Bayonet Syetem with the nordic blue gloves and did have much success with them. Any ideas on some cold water gloves...I am thinking about them OMS dry gloves...Has anyone used these?...Any ideas would be nice.

I use the diving concepts gloves. very warm and easy installation. I have latex wrist seals. My buddy dives a viking and has neoprene seals as he is alegic to latex. He also uses the same gloves with great success.

Are you going to be using with or without rings?
My personal favorite non-ring for cold water are the 3-finger Endurotech Kevlar mitts:
etg-5mmdrymitten.gif

The cuff on the critters is worn tucked inside the mitt, they usually seal off on the suit's cuff well enough so that just a spoon full of water sneaks in.
They're good for 4 hrs in 28°F water.
5-finger gloves w/ internal cuffs are available too:
etg-4mmdryglove.gif

For ice diving over an hour or 2 there are better choices though, like the 3-finger.
The "Blue Smurf" with knit yellow liners are good with ring systems but do not handle abuse well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom