Instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ottomatik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased your stainless steel back plate and Deluxe Harness. The instructions which came with the harness SUCK. Sorry but there is just no other way to put it. The manual which is on your web site leaves alot to be desired also. Perhaps you should go to the OMS website and get some pointers from them. I am currently trying to use OMS's to TRY and assemble YOUR harness. .................otto

You know, I would tend to agree about that. The instructions Diverite gives for theading their backplate are absolutely useless to anyone who doesn't already know what to do....

On the other hand, their products are great. They can't write worth a dog's-vomit but they make good stuff.

Having said that, what are you having trouble with? Maybe someone here can help you...

R..

Thanks for the offer of help, but I was able to go here http://www.omsdive.com/downloads/OMS_Standard_Harness_Manual.pdf
I used these instructions for assembling.
I agree that Dive Rite products are great, I have recently purchased a Dual Rec wing, and 2 manifold setups for doubles along with bands used. These are the only things of my scuba gear that were purcased used and I did that based on Dive Rites reputation and parts availability.
Dive Rite is not the only manufacture with lousey instructions, I checked quite a few other manufactures and OMS was the only one I found that had easy and comprehensive instructions complete with REAL pictures. ............otto

I don't recall having any trouble understanding the instructions for threading my harness. Maybe I had been thinking about how to do it before I got my harness and already had some ideas on how.

I believe this is probably the diagram that comes with the setup, yes?
If you can't follow those simple diagrams...:11: :11:

SparticleBrane:
I believe this is probably the diagram that comes with the setup, yes?
If you can't follow those simple diagrams...:11: :11:

Yeah, I'm guessing if you can't thread the harness based on that you really shouldn't have made it through OW.

:blinking:

BTW - you oughta return the "deluxe" harness and get the standard-issue "hogarthian" one piece harness anyway. It's not only easier to set up, but it's cheaper and easier to use/wear as well.

KVdiver:
Dive Rite will also weave it for you; all you have to do is ask.

Jerry

So will your LDS, which is where I'm sure you bought it.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom