Pee Valve & What I learned Today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here is what I lernt today:

* If you use a quick disconnect, like I do, it doesn't work so good if you forget to hook it up, and then pee like a fire hose into your suit.

* JeffG was right once in back in 2005: LINK

* A warm liquid released into a drysuit in 41 degree water will get cold in about 30 seconds.

* The ultra thin, one-ply toilet paper they keep in the porta-potties will just tear apart and stick to the skin in tiny balls if you attempt to clean up a sticky, half-dried liquid from a fleshy surface.

* Some dive buddies cannot be trusted to be sensitive about an issue and not make loud jokes to the other divers and passerby's.

* Most of the customers in Starbucks have (fortunately) a poor sense of smell.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I mean the part about Jeff G being right...:D Sounds like you had quite a day Rick.

Rick Inman:
Here is what I lernt today:

* If you use a quick disconnect, like I do, it doesn't work so good if you forget to hook it up, and then pee like a fire hose into your suit.

* A warm liquid released into a drysuit in 41 degree water will get cold in about 30 seconds.

* The ultra thin, one-ply toilet paper they keep in the porta-potties will just tear apart and stick to the skin in tiny balls if you attempt to clean up a sticky, half-dried liquid from a fleshy surface.

* Some dive buddies cannot be trusted to be sensitive about an issue and not make loud jokes to the other divers and passerby's.

* Most of the customers in Starbucks have (fortunately) a poor sense of smell.

Dood.

Ew.

I've had my PV for about 6 months or more, and still haven't hooked it up yet. I believe this last little bit (oh, sorry. I didn't mean little bit in the sense of, well, you know, I meant small piece of information. Not small, really, more of a short story. Well, not short in the sense of... oh never mind) of information will finally push me over the edge to stall a little bit longer before I finally install the thing, thank you very much.

I thought JeffG would make it through another year without being right.

Looks like I was wrong again, darnitall.

Ew.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Dood.

Ew.

I've had my PV for about 6 months or more, and still haven't hooked it up yet. I believe this last little bit (oh, sorry. I didn't mean little bit in the sense of, well, you know, I meant small piece of information. Not small, really, more of a short story. Well, not short in the sense of... oh never mind) of information will finally push me over the edge to stall a little bit longer before I finally install the thing, thank you very much.

I thought JeffG would make it through another year without being right.

Looks like I was wrong again, darnitall.

Ew.

---
Ken
LOL!

Hook it up, Ken. I've had about, oh, I donno, 300 or so dives with a PV and only have two, ah, floods. And both were opperator error. Trust me, with those doubles of yours you'll thank me the next time you experience sweat relief underwater (should you be thinking of me just then).

Being able to pee underwater will be a large advantage for you.:wink:

I couldn't decide if I should feel terrible for you or laugh loudly (with you, not "at" you of course :wink: ) .... ok, so it wasn't that big a decision LOL :D

Thank you for further subjecting yourself to public humiliation in the efforts to educate the rest of us :wink:

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Sometimes wetsuits have their advantages ... :)

Rick Inman:
Oh great: [enlargement]JeffG's Ego[/enlargement] :D

I predict Jeff has a new sig line real soon. . .

Curiosity does kill the cat. I'm a warm water diver and never paid much mind to PV topics but tonight I was bored and thought I'd read this post. Now Im curious how this works but not enough to ask. Maybe one day I will learn but I think I would rather learn from my own trial and error.

Rick Inman:
*my* dive buddies wouldn't hesitate to loudly discuss such an educational subject, in any possible venue and to any possibly interested (or just close-by) party. if you had a shadow of a doubt about your buds being sensitive...what are you doing hanging out with them? who wants sensitive, non-joking dive buddies? what fun is that?

mine are still going on about my 'smelly box', the phrase i was unfortunate enough to utter after not cleaning my gear between diving florida springs and north carolina quarry this spring. if you think they might ever get sick of talking about that...think again.:D

Rick Inman:

I've always liked detailed reporters but uh-oh, did I need this image during my Xmas holiday brunch? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom