which wetsuit for red sea diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maged_mmh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
just crossed my mind since I'm planning a trip maybe sometime between May & July..
so anyone did diving there? which suit thickness have you used?
I have one 3mm and another semidry 7mm:huh:

When I went, I never used my wetsuit, although most on board had a 3mm shortie and did fine. I opt to not when one when I can get away with it~

even if you go deep??

I used a 3mm Full Suit when I was there and was a very happy camper! - I found the water gets kind of chilly past the thermocline - also, they like doing 60+ minute dives on the shallower stuff, so it's nice to have a little insulation... There really isn't a need to go any thicker than 3mm IMHO... The Red Sea is absolutely fantastic diving, you're going to have a blast!

I never got cold, and I did about 7 deep water dives. Also in between dives, you can even snorkle right there off the shore and see amazing things as well. I was pretty much waterlogged the entire time with no temp problems. If you are prone to get cold; however, a full 3mm will be more than enough. Be safe and have fun. Maybe you will do the dive in Ras Mohammed in the sea of 2000 toilets...that was hilarious.

maged_mmh:
just crossed my mind since I'm planning a trip maybe sometime between May & July..
so anyone did diving there? which suit thickness have you used?
I have one 3mm and another semidry 7mm:huh:

May & July looking at water temps of 25c or so.

Id recommend a 5mm suit (take a hood just in case).

Repeat/multi day diving a 3mm would be too cold.

7mm semi dry if you own one will be fine. Better to be warm (which you can solve) than cold (which you cant).

If you're doing 2 or 3 1hr dives a day (not unusual for there) you'll chill over a few days. Go 7mm and be comfortable.

(Then again in my view there is no place on earth where a 3mm full suit is acceptable for multi day diving).

I agree with the previous post. I did a liveaboard with plenty of dives in various depths and was glad that I brought my 5 mm.

Never mind, I went in August with a 3mm, didn't read when you were going!

I went in August and had nada...<brought my 3mm didn't use it> I didn't realize it was April/May either a little chillier then...so next time, perhaps I should read lol

String:
(Then again in my view there is no place on earth where a 3mm full suit is acceptable for multi day diving).

well, for Malaysia during last Nov., it was more than enough for multidives 3 days liveaboard:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom