Tech Nitrox Intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shooter Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Finally, I'm stepping up for my Tech Nitrox Class. I've been diving up to 40% for about 7 yrs.

Most of my dives are 150' or above. Mostly spearfishing. I envision deco stops with 80% to off gas on. I'll do up to 7 dives in a day, most in the 100' range.

Any gear tips for my new setup? I'm looking at a Zegal 500tech reg and a new 30 pony.

How would you do it and What have you learned from your experience?

Standing by.

Now that's a well thought out reply. What in this post seems to give you that impression?

I have Nitrox Questions, If you can't keep a thread alive and informative.

Jump off the deepend, I have extra weights for you!

Hmmm......

7 dives a day that require deco would indicate that you will be out diving in excess of 16 hours a day.... Not likely or at most only once or twice followed by a long chamber ride.

So I would suggest a brain transplant for starters. Followed by extensive rehabilitation.

omar

1-800-N0-BENDS

This is the phone number of a hyperbaric doctor in Florida, Dr. Ivan Montoya, M.D.

Just in case you end up needing it.

Also Don't forget the DAN number:

Diving Emergencies (Remember: Call local EMS first, then DAN!)
1-919-684-8111
1-919-684-4DAN (collect)
1-800-446-2671 (toll-free)

Hope this helps.

4 dives is average, but I've done 6 & 7 dives or bounces in a day.

That said, I'm here seeking knowledge for tech divers who are more experienced than I in higher mix O2.

I appreciate you looking for items in my post to crush a new member to this board. I'm sure you have plenty to choose from.

I can take it. If you want to sling some, come play in spearboard.com

I'm new to this board, but I want to thank you for stepping up and showing me who you are not. Helpful!

Guys, I think he gets the point about the DCS issue. I don't really have any knowledge when it comes to Technical Nitrox so I can't really be of any help. I just piped in because I think its stupid for people to write responses just to poke fun at someone. If you don't have something nice or constructive to say, don't say anything at all. Sorry for my rant.

Thomas

Shooter Dan once bubbled...
I'm new to this board, but I want to thank you for stepping up and showing me who you are not. Helpful!
I'll be helpful...

Your main concern should not be a DCS hit.

Your main concern should be the Ox Tox hit.

But then what do I know... what do any of us know... you have already been doing high PO2 dives for 7 years.

Hey Pugger,

Ease up brother. I've seen some of your post & I now you know your chit. If you can share it that's fantastic. Even with sarcastic tones, I will still learn from your knowledge.

As I stated in my first post. I am stepping up to Higer mix O2.

I normally dive 32-34%. On Deeper dives I us 27 or 28%. I'll learn MORE about O2 dangers from my instructor.

Thanks for the step up Drizz.

Hey Wendy. You must be aware that DAN doesn't give out Chamber information because if you rely on that and the chamber is down that leaves them in a liability position.

Are you recommending that we use your knowledge of available chambers?

If you’re coming to the dinner table, bring something to offer.

It was kinda funny!

Standing by for my next lashing.

Clarification to my original post:

I appeared to have spoken w/o previous knowledge. I agree that bashing is not acceptable on a board in which everyone wants to learn. But that comes from both sides.

After reading some of your other posts Shooter, I can understand why some others might be hostile toward you. Maybe you should tone down your responses a bit.

If you are truly looking for advice, then you are at the right place. If you are just here to cause trouble, go away.

Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom