Diving Concepts Drysuits??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScbNymph

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone own / dived in one?? They have been recommended to me and I was wondering what people thought about them??

THX

ScbNymph:
Anyone own / dived in one?? They have been recommended to me and I was wondering what people thought about them??

THX
I have one and I like it a lot. I have the UltraFlex Pro - Tech cut. It is a nice quality suit.

My only problem was the size 11 boots wouldn't fit into Jet fins. So I had the boots replaced with DUI turbo soles.

I have a Neo Z that I like very much. Latex seals. Cold water Pacific N.W. diving.
This suit comes only in stock sizes. I think they compare well with DUI CF200 at less cost-so far. Only been diving it for about a year, 59 dives. The pinnacle suit is extremely durable/heavy duty with a very sturdy zipper.
Our water temps. are probably similar and 200 stretch undies are enough for me most of the time. I mightconsider a vest for times there is more glacier/snowpack run-off here.

I don't have any experience with their non-neoprene suits.

WOW!!! I didn't expect to get replies so quickly!

From what I have read both here and on other sites is that these suits are pretty rugged and well made. It sounds like it might be just what I'm looking for. I won't be doing HUGE amounts of diving here just a few dives each year, but I do need something that will hold up. Good to know that I probably won't need very much under the suit either

How is the whole removable wrist system, sounds like a great idea if it works

ScbNymph:
How is the whole removable wrist system, sounds like a great idea if it works
Are you talking about their dry glove system? If so, yes they do work good.

or are you confusing this with the DUI zip seal system?

Yes, you can swap out between dry gloves and seals. It sounded kinda gimicky but if it works then great

Any idea what general price range these suits fall into??

ScbNymph:
Any idea what general price range these suits fall into??
Ballpark $1000-$2000 My Ultra Flex Pro was $2000, the Z-Tech are just over $1000 IIRC

I have a Diving Concepts Cordura with dry gloves. It is a stock, off the shelf suit. It does the job very well. The cordura is Tough. I've bumped sharp edges inside wrecks and been pushed into sea urchins. Never a puncture.

I do have a problem with valve drills but am not totally sure if it is suit fit or my lack of flexibility. We'll see next month when I dive a wet suit for the first time in a year.

It is cheap enough that a person could use it for a season or two; give someone a great deal on a used suit; and still make out.

ScbNymph:

THX

I have had one for about 3 years now. I have the Ultra Flex Pro. It is very rugged. I did manage to cut it due to my own fault once but I patched it with mylar tape and PB300. The original seals lasted more than 100 dives. I just use the regular wrist seals. I don't go in for that big glove/seal attachment system. I just use drygloves that do not have the big rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom