Big Dude Needs Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGG_BUDD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hola,

I'm a big dude (6 feet, 300 lbs.) and am looking for a drysuit. I've done some searches here on ScubaBoard, but haven't run accross a thread that really answers my question.

Has anyone out there (big or not) paid for a custom drysuit, and if you did, were you happy with what you got? Any big dudes out there that have come across this problem and found a suit for them, please chime in.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

USIA my man. I'm 6'3" 290 lbs and I got a Techniflex drysuit from them quite affordably. They do customize and I'm very happy with my suit. They have a forum on this board, you should check them out.

I'm 6'6" and 320 lbs. I got a custom made Whites from Scubatoys...they gave me a great price and their in our backyard !! Very happy with it....so happy in fact that I showed up and the DUI Days at CSSP this year with it....luckily I am as big as I am !

I'm 6'-2" 300lbs and ended up going with a USIA Aqua Pro Plus. You are going to need to get a custom cut suit. There is nothing stock that will fit guys our size. I selected the USIA primarily on price, $1100 ish from http://www.divers-supply.com/ (you have to call them to order a custom suit). It is my first drysuit and I didn't want to spend a fortune on one until I figure out if I like it and how much I'm going to use it. More than half of the drysuit manufactures will do custom sized suits though (most around $1800-2200).

Awesome information dudes. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the hook up...

I am 6' 4" and 260 lbs, I use a 3xl OS Systems Drysuit. It is a Diveshop suit so I took waht they give me, however the suit fits me hieght and there is plenty to spare on me width wise. From what I understand the upcharge is minimal for a custom made suit (under $200.00). Though I don't know if you would need it. Though i don't know your measurements I think fit within there standard size chart. PM me if you are interested, otherwise happy hunting. Also look on the DUI website at their factory seconds, I saw some suits that might work for you.

Back
Top Bottom